Orient Mako for a High Schooler?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Orient Mako for a High Schooler?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Orient Mako for a High Schooler?

Hey guys-
    As the title suggests, I am interested in purchasing an Orient Mako. I have seen many great reviews of this watch from users on this site, as well as others, and I really like the look of the watch. I am certainly not trying to suggest that the Mako is a flashy watch, but as a high school student, it may appear that I am trying to come off looking flashy or trying to gain attention, partially because of it's similarities to the Rolex Submariner. Do you think this watch would be a good fit for me as a high school student?

Re: Orient Mako for a High Schooler?

Quote Originally Posted by Bananaguy12345 View Post
    Hey guys-
    As the title suggests, I am interested in purchasing an Orient Mako. I have seen many great reviews of this watch from users on this site, as well as others, and I really like the look of the watch. I am certainly not trying to suggest that the Mako is a flashy watch, but as a high school student, it may appear that I am trying to come off looking flashy or trying to gain attention, partially because of it's similarities to the Rolex Submariner. Do you think this watch would be a good fit for me as a high school student?
    Welcome to WUS and watch collecting! None of us know you or your high school or the style of dress that is popular at your high school so it's really an impossible question to answer from afar. However I think you are asking the question because you already think the style may not fit in. Because you are in the best position to make that determination I think you should go with what your instincts tell you. Another possibility is to buy the watch and initially wear it outside of high school, for going out, etc. Chances are excellent that it is a watch that no other student will own.
    Last edited by John MS; August 24th, 2014 at 16:48.

Yes it would be a great fit. Probably most people at your school wouldn't even know what a Rolex Sub looks like, if anyone notices your Mako they'll just think it's a great looking watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's a great fit. Most younger folk I see wearing watches are wearing great big looks-like-a-chronohgraph-but-is-actually-just-a-'full'-calendar-with-pushers thing and they're all roughly 50mm wide. You'll have one of the most understated and sensible watches out there. The Mako is a fantastic choice but make sure you also scour the Seiko and Citizen websites before you pull the trigger. Lots to choose from :)

Dont worry about it. Its a nice intro to mechanicals. IMHO The Mako is different enough in looks from a Sub.

Get one. The Mako is not bling enough for other folks to thing you are being flashy.

Perfect fit, price and quality for a high schooler, nice choice,cheers

Go for it! Compared to a lot of other affordable dive watches out there this one is pretty different from a sub. I don't think it's flashy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES!

-hayday
    The pessimist says it can't get any worse, while the optimist says it can.

To be honest, high schoolers have terrible and unrefined tastes regarding most things. Watches are no exception. If you're looking for something flashy and classy, you could probably do better elsewhere. If you have to have it because of the similarities to a Rolex, something that most high schoolers would find ugly and stupid, than it's a fine watch. Just know most won't appreciate it as much as you do.

Try one of these :)

Last edited by Blubaru703; August 25th, 2014 at 04:17.
    09.ducati and CC Texas like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information