Orient and Orient Star

Thread: Orient and Orient Star

Orient and Orient Star

Are these brands the same/related? It's been bugging me for a while..

Re: Orient and Orient Star

I'am not totally sure but I think Orient Star is the better of the two - I can tell you this I have owned and own a fair share of watches and I have had only problems with very few and Orient was one of them. I had the watch for only 3 months and the chrono was not operating correctly. It was under warranty and they refused to repair it, saying the watch showed excessive wear - BullShip it only had a tiny scratch on the crystal. Obviously I will not ever wear or recommend a Orient watch agian!! Buck

I own two Orients, one of them being my first auto now about 2 years old. I have not had any problems with either of them and so can't speak to the issue of customer service. I generally wear the older of the two as my beater so it gets all manner of abuse and keeps on going. Orient Star is considered to be a level above Orient and I believe there is a third brand, Royal Orient, that is their top grade. Do a search in the Seiko, Citizen, Orient forum and you'll wind up with a lot more informaton.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vinylgreek View Post
    I own two Orients, one of them being my first auto now about 2 years old. I have not had any problems with either of them and so can't speak to the issue of customer service. I generally wear the older of the two as my beater so it gets all manner of abuse and keeps on going. Orient Star is considered to be a level above Orient and I believe there is a third brand, Royal Orient, that is their top grade. Do a search in the Seiko, Citizen, Orient forum and you'll wind up with a lot more informaton.
    Yup. Basically they're all the same brand, it's just like the difference between Seiko, Seiko 5 Sports, and Grand Seiko.

Suspended

Orient Star is a collection within Orient. Characterized as mid level movements and finishing. Typically Japanese Domestic Market, although the RetroFuture line has been branded Orient Star for the US market. Oddly the 200M and 300M professional divers are Orient Stars in Japan, but the same watch is not branded as Star in the US. The lack of the Orient Star badge does not mean that all Orients are inferior. There are several in the US market that are not branded as such, but really have the quality to be considered as Orient Stars.

Hope that confuses things.....

Thread Information