Orient Start Dealer in Tokyo?

Thread: Orient Start Dealer in Tokyo?

Orient Start Dealer in Tokyo?

Does anyone know a good source for Orients in Tokyo? Maybe BIC or Yodobashi? Preferably something close to Tokyo Station. Specifically want to find a Orient Star WZ0081EJ, Classic Model Automatic (blue face, gold case).

Re: Orient Start Dealer in Tokyo?

I have visited Japan dozens of times so I know something about this but a local could probably tell you more.

Yodobashi in Akihabura is only a few minutes away from Tokyo station on the Yamanote line and has a huge selection of watches. They have a good selection of Orient and usually you will find that there is staff member of Orient there to show them to you. They also have a store dedicated to watches in Shinjuku but it seems to me that the selection is nearly identical between the 2 stores and it is easier to find the Akihabura store. If you are a tourist to Japan, this is the easiest place to start.

I haven't found a store with bigger selection than Yodobashi. You might look elsewhere is if you are looking for the watches priced above above Rolex and Omega or lesser known luxury brands (start with stores in Shinjuku), looking for cheaper deals on specific low end or export-only models (I found some in Akihabura), or used vintage (a few stores in Ueno market area). Use the forum search function to find the post I made a year ago or more with GPS coordinates to look up some stores on google maps.
    Last edited by SynMike; December 1st, 2011 at 20:35.

I found my old post. Here are the locations for some stores:

Yodobashi Akiba: 35°41'56.19"N 139°46'29.20"E
    This just may be the worlds largest electronics shop. A huge watch department (pics in the prior post above). Incredible selection of watches, boxes, straps, and some tools.

Yodobashi Watch Store Shinjuku: 35°41'21.78"N 139°41'50.04"E
    Same company as above, but a store focused on watches, no electronics. Incredible selection.

Watch by Sakuraya: 35°41'30.11"N 139°42'10.17"E
    7 Floors of watches. See high end models not common elsewhere. I bought a couple of watch tools here.

Best Watch: 35°41'32.77"N 139°42'10.50"E
    If I remember correctly, this store had Rolex at ground level and got more and more expensive as you went up each floor. This store has a watch pedestal that holds one watch with a sign telling you to try to grab the watch. As soon as your hand gets close some mechanism instantly snatches the watch, pulling it down into the pedestal in a blink of the eye.

Ueno Market: 35°42'36.00"N 139°46'29.51"E
    Tiny stores and market stalls under the train tracks. Several used watch stores wit lots of Rolex, Omega, Tag Heuer, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks so much - terrific info. I have been to Yodobashi Shinjuku (bought a nice Citizen there) and also the Ueno market but wasn't tuned into the watches as much as I am now and never looked beyond the Citizen I had scoped out a couple of years ago at Yodobashi. Wish me luck!

Thread Information