WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Oris Aquis Strap Adapter

8K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Steverino 417 
#1 ·
I have seen several threads on this topic dating back to 2010 but no conclusive answer. The Oris Aquis is a great diving watch albeit one with a proprietary lug design that prevents the use of standard straps. To me a diving watch begs to be put on a Nato strap and I am looking for an adapter that would allow me to use a 20mm nato strap on my Aquis. Is one commercially available?

#3 ·
Oris's use of non standard lugs is a bit of a long running saga (before the Aquis was born) and the only set of adapters I've seen were some that a guy ran up himself in his machine shop. Quite a few blokes who wanted to put something a little different on their Oris ended up going the custom route.

#4 ·
If someone is reading this and wants this, please speak up. The more people who speak up, the better our chances of someone making and selling an adapter.

If you are reading this and have the equipment and experience to make a stainless steel adapter...please take my money!

#5 ·
I keep lusting over the Aquis, but like many here, I like to play around with straps, etc. I keep reading post after post and just seems like there's never a good solution for the strap issue. I've always wondered if the Oris Force Recon (OFR) strap adapter would fit the Aquis (which I think has a 12mm lug width..I could be wrong). Does anyone know if 1) the OFR lug width is the same and 2) if it's readily available to purchase by itself? I've done some digging and apart from going to AD to check, I can't seem to find the part or where to order from. Just seems like the perfect solution.

#8 ·
I was searching the interwebs for this same issue, and stumbled across this thread. Only different is that I'm looking for my TTI chrono diver. This thread is over 3 years old, so wondering if anyone has done anything further?
I have :)
I went ahead and designed the adapter myself. Its made out of 316L Stainless Steel like the watch itself.
You can get them at aqnaut.com or on Etsy .
View attachment 16037357

View attachment 16037357 View attachment 16037358 View attachment 16037362 View attachment 16037363

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.