Oris Aquis Strap Adapter
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CabbageHead

Thread: Oris Aquis Strap Adapter

Oris Aquis Strap Adapter

I have seen several threads on this topic dating back to 2010 but no conclusive answer. The Oris Aquis is a great diving watch albeit one with a proprietary lug design that prevents the use of standard straps. To me a diving watch begs to be put on a Nato strap and I am looking for an adapter that would allow me to use a 20mm nato strap on my Aquis. Is one commercially available?

Re: Oris Aquis Strap Adapter

Not that I've seen, and I looked extensively when I first got my Aquis.

Oris's use of non standard lugs is a bit of a long running saga (before the Aquis was born) and the only set of adapters I've seen were some that a guy ran up himself in his machine shop. Quite a few blokes who wanted to put something a little different on their Oris ended up going the custom route.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If someone is reading this and wants this, please speak up. The more people who speak up, the better our chances of someone making and selling an adapter.

If you are reading this and have the equipment and experience to make a stainless steel adapter...please take my money!
    Watchcollector21 likes this.

I keep lusting over the Aquis, but like many here, I like to play around with straps, etc. I keep reading post after post and just seems like there's never a good solution for the strap issue. I've always wondered if the Oris Force Recon (OFR) strap adapter would fit the Aquis (which I think has a 12mm lug width..I could be wrong). Does anyone know if 1) the OFR lug width is the same and 2) if it's readily available to purchase by itself? I've done some digging and apart from going to AD to check, I can't seem to find the part or where to order from. Just seems like the perfect solution.

Name:  oris-recon-gmt-wrist.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  381.7 KB

I would think for NATO they could 3D print something that could work. I have something like this on my G-shock https://www.shapeways.com/product/PV...ionId=43459146, although with the cost/weight of an Aquis, I would be a little hesitant to use plastic, but have seen metal adapters that have been 3D printed as well.

Thread Information