Oris Artelier Date
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Oris Artelier Date

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oris Artelier Date

I would like to know more about this watch. There aren't too many reviews on the web of this particular model, and I want to know where exactly it is situated among the other options in this price point. Like is it a good buy, can I find something better for a dress watch at this price etc.

The exact reference:
    01 733 7721 4051-07 5 21 64FC

I'll leave some images below:

01 733 7721 4051-07 5 21 64FC

Re: Oris Artelier Date

Personally, I think Oris makes a great watch and I really like that particular model. I love that the dial ads some depth and visual interest.

As far as quality is concerned, it’ll be (at least) on par with most of what you’ll find at that price. I mean, the majority of watches in that tier will be using a similar ETA/SW movement and have comparable finishing. Some brands are now offering COSC movements with longer power reserves, like Mido’s new Calibre 80 Baroncelli, for less money. If you haven’t already, it might be worth taking a look at Mido, Certina and Hamilton. I don’t know that they offer a better watch, but they do offer some less expensive alternatives. It really just boils down to what’s important to you.

At the end of the day, I tend to believe that the best deal/value lies in finding a watch that you really love. Personally, I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger on that Oris.

Good luck with your decision.

I think that's a nice watch. Just make sure wherever you buy it they have a good return policy.

I've had about 4 Oris watches in the last 2 years. An Oris Artelier (a different style than this one) that had a piece of lint on the dial. An Oris Big Crown Propilot where the end links would flip up the opposite way and Most recently an Oris BC3 that had a crooked dial. I did have an Oris Aquis that was great though.

Now i prefer Hamilton. Better price and i prefer the ETA to the SW200-1 and i find Hamiltons quality control to be better. Their servicing costs are also a lot cheaper.

Check out this Hamilton from Jomashop. 40mm and only 8.5mm thick.

Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-04 at 3.05.57 PM.png
Views: 62
Size:  330.9 KB
    Nokie likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Spectacular watches.
    Never try to install spring bars in a hurry. -lvt

"Affordable" just means you end up spending the same amount of money, but end up with a greater number of watches. -MandoBear

I have the Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic. I love it, looks even better in person. Keeps great time, I actually gave up on tracking it after a week and pretty much staying at +/- 1 sec day. Can’t speak for your Oris there but love my Jazzmaster Hammy. Name:  E1939D98-F1CA-4E9C-A2CA-8BC4420C9639.jpeg
Views: 59
Size:  1.08 MB

Love mine. good build and interesting dial

Name:  IMG_0202.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  1.58 MB
    ljb187 likes this.

Having sold both brands, easy choice - Oris.

Oris is probably better known for their divers but really anything you get from the brand will stack up well against competition in it's price point. I see Oris sitting a tier above Hamilton, Tissot, Certina, etc. I have two and they are both great watches - love the dial on the one you are looking at! I'd get it without hesitation if it speaks to you.

Current line-up: Cartier Santos / Zenith El Primero 1969 / Rolex Explorer 214270 / Grand Seiko SBGJ027 'Peacock' / Oris Aquis

Banned

The Oris is classic.

It's not a watch model Oris is known for.
    I find getting the less popular models from a watch-brand, especially when their "main" watches are quite well-known and popular, is always problematic if you're not 2000% sold on the watch as a keeper.
    For Oris, it is all about the Aquis, the 65 and to a lesser extent, the Big Crown.
    thisisjlai likes this.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour ętre heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information