First post, be gentle.
I've done quite a bit of searching around the forum, which ultimately led me to register and put this question to you all.
I've had my eye on the Oris Artelier Skeleton for about a year or so now, but it is quite a significant amount of money to me, and I've been searching for watches that fall anywhere between it and chinese (e.g. Seagull) equivalents. I've seen that the Epos 3390SK is well recommended on these forums, and I've also seen a limited edition Rotary ETA 2824 (pictures below). I hold my hands up to being a complete newbie to automatic watches, so what I would like to know is the following:
1. What is the perceived difference in quality between the watches. Is there a difference, or is it just brand?
2. Should I just go for the "look" of the watch, or is there more to it than that?
3. I'm based in the UK and the Oris is readily available - the other watches mentioned I have no clue how to source
4. Is it worth paying more for a swiss movement?
5. Which would you choose and why?
6. Would you recommend a different watch?
Oris Artelier Skeleton - Price (UK) £1,480
EPOS 3390SK - Price £ ???
Rotary ETA 2824 Limited Edition - Price ???
(the Rotary was recently posted FS on WUS - sold $135)