Oris Reputation
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Oris Reputation

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Oris Reputation

Hi,
    How's Oris stand amongst the Swiss watches? Is it on par with Tag heuer or Omega and higher than Tissot?

Heard that the build quality is very high and is on par with Omega built?

The watch is very rugged and could withstand a heavy duty used better than other brand?

I felt that Oris branding is not as strong as Tag and Tissot.

Can I say in term of class Tissot < Oris < Tag < Omega ?

stuffler,mike

Re: Oris Reputation

How did I know that this would be your next question ?
    Oris isn´t par with Omega and isn´t par with TAG Heuer. Imho Tissot and Oris are competitors in the same price- and quality range. Omega - like TAG - plays in the next league.
    You may visit our Tissot and Oris fora to get an overwiew.

Quote Originally Posted by tiulei44 View Post
    Hi, Heard that the build quality is very high and is on par with Omega built?
    Heard ? Where ? A reliable AD, a watchmaker ? Who ?

I felt that Oris branding is not as strong as Tag and Tissot
    I am not arguing against feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    How did I know that this would be your next question ?
    Oris isn´t par with Omega and isn´t par with TAG Heuer. Imho Tissot and Oris are competitors in the same price- and quality range. Omega - like TAG - plays in the next league.
    You may visit our Tissot and Oris fora to get an overwiew.
    Hey Mike, I'm surprised to see you place Oris that low on the food chain. I would have them clearly above Tissot, on Par with Tag and below Omega. I do not think Tag is on the same level as Omega despite the marketing blitz over the last couple of year for their largely quartz line
    thegrahambo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by bleddrewsoe View Post
    Hey Mike, I'm surprised to see you place Oris that low on the food chain. I would have them clearly above Tissot, on Par with Tag and below Omega. I do not think Tag is on the same level as Omega despite the marketing blitz over the last couple of year for their largely quartz line
    Well, maybe a matter of taste. When I look at the Carrera, especially with caliber 360

when looking at the Monaco I wouldn´t set them on par with TAG in general. Some models may be on par but the development of TAG in the last two years imho justifies them to be placed upon Oris.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Well, maybe a matter of taste. When I look at the Carrera, especially with caliber 360

when looking at the Monaco I wouldn´t set them on par with TAG in general. Some models may be on par but the development of TAG in the last two years imho justifies them to be placed upon Oris.
    Very good points Mike...I think my opinion of the Tag line as a whole differs quite a bit from their top of the line offerings. I think the lower level Tag offerings bring down the status of the brand. While I think there is less of a deviation across the entire Oris line..being an all mech brand gets some points in my book as well.

As you say these questions are largely opinion anyway...

I'm quite confuse with you guys of having diff opinion on Oris. I recently heard that some Oris components are made in China and those parts are quite coarse. How true is that? No wonder the Oris Divers Titan series is so buly and thick in design.

I did notice that the oris domain is www.oris.ch .ch means china instead of www.oris.com?

As of Tag, now Tag hv cater for diff range of market since the pricing is quite aggresive.

But for Oris the cheapest Oris still roaming around $700++ and is automatic!

Also one unique feature of Oris is the Oris Diver version still has see thru case back whilst for Tag Aquaracer, is all close up.

So would that mean the Oris has a better build, that's why they brave enough to made it see thru w/o risking the water goes in when diving?

Or Tag just that a safety precaution as to no risking themselves of having a aquaracer automatic soak with water while diving?

What do you think of this?

.ch denotes Switzerland.
    tsharma and joepac like this.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Hi,
    How's Oris stand amongst the Swiss watches? Is it on par with Tag heuer or Omega and higher than Tissot?
    There is no accepted international "standard" of watch class or pecking order, as there is with cars, for example. But objectively you can see that Oris broadly plays in the price range between Tag and Tissot. *all* of Oris's watches are mechanical; this gives it a certain appeal amongst watch enthusiasts. Whereas the majority of Tissots and most of the bottom end of Tag are all quartz watches.

Tissot does make a few automatics, but they're cheaper than the equivalent Oris. And I think all of Tag's autos are more expensive than a comparable Oris.

Whilst I would say the finish and build of a typical Oris is better than a Tag of the same price range, Tag also makes some pretty special (and expensive) watches. So there is no natural order to this; if you like the look of Oris, go and try some out against its competitors and buy the one you like best.

As for advertising and branding, it totally depends on the country you're in.
    Khoi Nguyen likes this.

publandlord,
    I'm quite agree with ur food of thought .In some country Oris name is there while other not so.

I see Oris as a heavy duty watchmaker while Tag is more for a dress watch plus the name it carry.

Just look at the Titan Diver series with 1000m meter depth.This feature is comparable to Rolex Oyster features.

I personally like the Oris Titan Diver chronograph but what I dislike is the bulky size.

So again anyone have any news that most of the Oris part is actually coming from third world country?

stuffler,mike

I'm quite confuse with you guys of having diff opinion on Oris. I recently heard that some Oris components are made in China and those parts are quite coarse. How true is that? No wonder the Oris Divers Titan series is so buly and thick in design.
    Different guys have different opinions.

I did notice that the oris domain is www.oris.ch .ch means china instead of www.oris.com?
    ch= Confederation Helvetica = Schweizer Eidgenossenschaft = Switzerland

So would that mean the Oris has a better build, that's why they brave enough to made it see thru w/o risking the water goes in when diving?
    Never heard of any risk. If the watch is rated waterresistant the watch is waterresistant. The Stowa Seatime has a display back too and is safe zto 300m.. Just a question of technique. Btw: There are a lot of diver's out there prefering non-display-backs.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information