WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Out with the New, In with the Newer... Its HERE!!!

2K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  omega1234 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Re: Out with the New, In with the Newer... Incoming!!!

Thanks guys. The one thing I'm upset about is that I had to sell the Air King. It is a GREAT watch and I was quite sad while packaging it up for the last time, but there's not enough room for an AK and Explorer in my collection. I know it will be more than worth it for the PO, though.

#5 ·

Thanks guys. The one thing I'm upset about is that I had to sell the Air King. It is a GREAT watch and I was quite sad while packaging it up for the last time, but there's not enough room for an AK and Explorer in my collection. I know it will be more than worth it for the PO, though.
Comparing to the Air King, the PO is surely a better fit in your collection. You will have a heck of a well-rounded collection once you get the NOMOS :-!

Daniel

#12 ·

Congrats on your SMPO Omega =)

Pleeeeeze post pics - I'm interested to see how the cal 8520s look size-wise versus the usual 8500/8501 SMPOs everyone here purchases.

#15 ·

Pardon my ignorance, but what was the attraction to having both an Explorer and an Air King that -- to my eyes at least -- are so cosmetically similar?
That's why I sold the Air King. But, the Explorer and AK actually look very different in person, the cases are night and day different.

#14 · (Edited)

Thanks for hijacking my thread guys :):-d:-d! The PO has landed. My first thoughts are that the watch is gorgeous and the the matte ceramic bezel provides incredible contrast. I will try to take many more pics tonight, but here she is:

View attachment 999744

#17 · (Edited)

Fantastic!! And it looks fabulous on your wrist. Please wear this in nothing but happiness and health!! Since joining WUS I've come to realize you don't get your WUS card, fully authorized, until you strap an Omega to your wrist. I'm happy for you now that you're a FULL FLEDGED Member!

#20 ·

Fantastic!! And it looks fabulous on your wrist. Please wear this in nothing but happiness and health!! Since joining WUS I've come to realize you don't get your WUS card, fully authorized, until you strap an Omega to your wrist. I'm happy for you now that you're a FULL FLEDGED Member!
Thanks, its actually my fifth Omega though. I think this one's a keeper, I finally replaced my old quartz SMP which I've missed so dearly, just a slight upgrade.

#18 ·

Lovely PO! I don't feel like I'm exaggerating when I say that the PO is a modern classic, you wear it very well.

#24 ·

Wonderful piece. I am looking to see whether I can swing one soon... I have to try on 45.5 and see whether I can handle the size.

Good luck with it and wear it in good health.

#29 · (Edited)
#31 · (Edited)
Okay I need to visit my optician:rodekaart The Cal 8520 is fitted on the smaller SMPOs...that's supposed to be 37.5mm?! Because it looks even bigger than the Explorer

note that's a 39mm Explorer, not 36 so the SMPO should be smaller or at best the same size with bezel

#32 ·
Okay I need to visit my optician:rodekaart The Cal 8520 is fitted on the smaller SMPOs...that's supposed to be 37.5mm?! Because it looks even bigger than the Explorer

note that's a 39mm Explorer, not 36 so the SMPO should be smaller or at best the same size with bezel
The Explorer is 36mm, but the PO is only 1.5mm bigger. The Explorer does wear somewhat large for a 36mm watch, but the PO makes the Explorer look like a little toy.

#36 ·
Congratulations - beautiful piece! (You and I have similar tastes...I also have the PO and a 36mm Explorer. I REALLY wanted the Club as well, but the lugs are simply too long for my wrists. So...next up, a silver dialed Air King!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.