An outrageous story

Thread: An outrageous story

An outrageous story

Hi Everyone! Here is my story:

I bought a DOXA Style watch on the 13.08.2006, in the store of Alaszka MMV Ltd in Budapest, Hungary.

This watch was leached/steamed up during a handwash on the 4th of march 2007. On the 5th of march I took it to the service that was written on the certificate of guarantee(UNGARO SWISS Ltd. 1072 Budapest, RŠkůczi Street 4-6.) This is the ONLY service of Doxa here in Hungary. There, when I give them my watch, both the seller, and the service man said that this watch isnít waterproof at all!

According to the certificate of guarantee, I assert that I used my watch properly.

On the 12th of Marc, after a phonecall I went to the Service. After I got my ĄrepairedĒ watch back, I asked about my watchís waterproof ability. they answered me, that this watch wasnít waterproof, thatís why it isnít waterproof now either.

On this day I went to the Hungarian Consumer Protection. They said me that my watch is waterproof till 50 metres, and the drying (the Service man only dried my watch in the name of repair) isnít a solution to my problem, because the corrosion still works inside my watch, and the sealing can be erroneous too.
    They advised me to write a letter to the store I bought this watch. I did, and I wrote Them to replace my watch, or repair it in an expert way.

I didnít get a reply mail, thatís why I called the store on the 17th of april, and they flattered me till 17th of may that they replace my watch. BUT!
    On the 18th of may they called me up, and told me, that they wonít replace my watch, but they will repair it again. They said they will change the inside of my watch, except the clockface, because they havenít got any on stock (???).

I bought a Doxa, because I wanted a good, reliable watch! And now I have a watch with rusty inside, that I canít use for two and a half month now.

I wrote on a lot of hungarian watch-forums, seeking for solution, but I couldn't find so far.

I'm curious what you think about this...

Petra

Re: An outrageous story

Petra,

Sorry to hear about your problems. Can you please post a picture of your watch?
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Dear Mr. Romers,

Here is a picture of my watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Petra, nice watch! If the seller is willing to change the movement and inner parts then that would be ok imo. Replacing the entire watch is not necessary then.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Thread Information