Package never showed - whose responsibility?

Thread: Package never showed - whose responsibility?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Package never showed - whose responsibility?

I live in the US and bought a watch band from a European online vendor - ~$80. The package shipped and the tracking showed that 1 1/2 weeks ago the package was 'out for delivery'... but never delivered. I've opened an investigation with the post office as has the shipper. The US post office has been very unresponsive... sending emails claiming investigation pending, but ultimately not resolving. I'm not sure how much the package is insured for as it was shipped by the on-line vendor, vs. being arranged by myself.

As this drags out I'm not sure if I file a PayPal claim immediately?... the vendor is sort of distancing themselves implying they did their job. I think they are based in Germany, so not sure of vendor shipping laws there. Do I give the post office more time? Is it the vendor's or my job to work this search through the post office? I feel for the vendor, but feel for myself as well. What to do?

Re: Package never showed - whose responsibility?

File a dispute with ebay as you never received the item. If that doesn't work you can escalate it to a claim and paypal will decide the outcome.

I understand how you can feel for the seller but ultimately it is their responsibility to get it to you. If the tracking doesn't show that it was delivered then it is clear that you didn't receive it so file a claim.

You have buyer protection and if the seller isn't willing to work with you, they paid for the insurance as you said so they can figure that part out after you file your claim.

No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message with Tapatalk.
    - Eric

My wrist. My money. Don't judge.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Current
    - Steinhart Ocean Vintage Red | Seiko SKX007 | Seiko
    SNK803 | Helgray Field Officer #37 | Blue Swatch Star Chief | Graf Zeppelin Nordstern GMT | Blue Orient Mako | Blue Movado ESQ Catalyst Chronograph | Android Decoy IP

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Shipping is the responsibility of the seller. Open a dispute - if you don't get your item then you are entitled to a refund.

You entered into a contract with the seller.

The seller entered into a contact with the postal services.

If the postal services don't deliver then the seller can open a case against them.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

I don't think the post office will give you info. the shipper must file claim(if they insured it)
    If not insured, you must file claim against the German company.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

I don't think the post office will give you info. the shipper must file claim(if they insured it)
    If not insured, you must file claim against the German company.
    +1.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks. I just checked and it has been exactly 1 month since the PayPal payment was made and I have 45 days to submit a dispute. I've gone ahead and submitted the dispute under "item not received". We'll see what comes of it. Obviously if the item shows I'm happy to pay.

If your credit card is linked to paypal and you don't get your money, you can always file a dispute with the charge on the CC. Bottom line is you paid for something you never received.

In general the seller is responsible for the in-transit liability and it true with eBay. That certainly can be very different in the case of a more formal contract that may contain an FOB clause. USPS is often very slow on investigations, it is almost always a good idea to go ahead and file the claim.

I just went thru a very similar episode. The seller had no choice but to issue a refund, since he wasn't able to prove delivery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information