pam 112 or iwc ing?

Thread: pam 112 or iwc ing?

pam 112 or iwc ing?

Hi guys, am looking to get either a pam 112 or an iwc ing... can't decide between the two.. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

stuffler,mike

Re: pam 112 or iwc ing?

What are your requirements ?

I will be using it everyday as i can only afford one. It will be my first expensive watch purchase. Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Buy the one you like more.

If somebody told me I could have either one for free, id take the PAM.

I would take the PAM, but if it is truly an everyday watch the IWC will hold up better aesthetically (not meaning one is built better than other). The PAM 112 is all high polish and it will show all your daily wear. Remember that is a big case, but it is a Panerai which is more fun to wear than IWC because of the unique look IMO.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Just make sure you are willing to deal with a manual wind watch every day before you buy the PAM. From an aesthetic point of view there just is nothing in it.. I'll take the 112 any day.

I'd go for the Panerai.

A few things to consider

Have you tried both on? I own a PAM 112 and have looked a the IWC Inge as well. The IWC doesn't seem to fit my 7" wrist as well as the PAM. Might have something to do with how the lugs are angled on the 112.

Do you like versatility in the 'looks' dept? There are lots of strap options for the PAM. With the Inge, you're limited. I'm sure there are folks that will custom-fit a new strap to the Inge, but you can find hundreds of pre-made Panerai straps.

Do you want an in-house movement? I believe the Inge is an IWC in-house movement. Might depend on the Inge model. The 112 is a modified/decorated ETA movement.

Do you need a date feature? No date on the 112.

Do you need a seconds hand? None on the 112.

Does it matter that you may have to pay MSRP? 'Some' dealers are offering small (<10%) discounts on certain PAM models, as of my observation this weekend. Most IWC dealers can offer a bit more. This could make the IWC more appealing to some, if price is a consideration.

I have owned my 112 for less than 2 months. In that time, I've given up on babying it - it's the most I've ever spent on a watch! - and just take a few minutes to lightly polish the case ever couple weeks. I wear it probably 80% of the time, and it's really made me re-think my collection (as in, thinning it out considerably).

I already have my 2nd PAM - a Radiomir - picked out, and my AD is trying to locate a 210 for me (expected in Feb). I'm also considering an IWV Inge, but from the Vintage Collection. Reason is, I can get enough of a discount on the VC Inge that I won't end up paying much more than what a PAM 210 would cost.

- Jim

Re: A few things to consider

The 112 is a lot cheaper than the ing in my AD.
    I really liked the bracelet of the ing but the pam was really nice. (prefer bracelets to straps) Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Thread Information