Panerai, IWC, Rolex?

Thread: Panerai, IWC, Rolex?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Panerai, IWC, Rolex?

I own a Breitling Avenger Skyland and an Omega Planet Ocean, and they are both great watches. I'm looking to upgrade to what many at WUS consider the next tier of watches (though plenty of WUS folks will disagree), and I've been eyeing the Panerai Luminor, IWC Portuguese chrono, and Rolex Submariner. These are all storied brands with stellar reputations, and I know ultimately it comes down to what speaks to me the most.

Just curious - which would you choose if you had to choose? A Luminor, a Portuguese, or a Submariner? And what kind of message are you sending with your choice?

Thanks in advance for your two cents!

Re: Panerai, IWC, Rolex?

I would go with a Panerai Luminor myself.

Love the designs.
    Horological Mastermind

Well - all 3 are great watches, and who wouldn't want them all??? I would

If you have 2 Sporty watches already, you might want to go with the classy dressy IWC Portuguese - a beautiful watch from a top notch maker

Perhaps if those are the 3 watches which you love, you should consider selling your Breitling n Omega and go after all 3?

Having said that - for me, the Sub is so classic and inconic that I would have that as my "go-to" watch for any and all occasion - and if I could have only one watch, it would be a Rollie (Sub, SD or DSSD)

si
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the Luminor & my next watch that I put a few £k into, will be the Portuguese. I got the Pan now, as it is an "in" watch, & I will get the IWC later, as it is more of a classic design, and therefore to me, will suit me when I am older. Both stunning pieces. To me, the Rolex is to obvious: people "get some money" & buy a Rolex - in saying that, the one worth getting is the Daytona - but costs a little more. At least there is a waiting list & therefore less in the market place.
    Nice place to be in - try them on & see what feels right for you.
    Any of the 3, you cannot go wrong - it just means you will have to start saving for the other 2.

In answer to your question, I'd choose the IWC.
    The Sub is a timeless classic, but you have a PO (dive watches).
    I find the Pam an overpriced abomination.

I agree that the IWC complements the wathces you already have better then the Submariner, and I'm also not a fan of the Paneri style.
    RickH86

Certina DS Podium Automatic
    Casio BM8180-03E
    Skagen Quartz 170 LTTM

Seiko Quartz

IWC--as others have suggested, it rounds out your collection. IMO, the Panerai isn't in the same league as the others, though it's expensive.
    --AC

I am biased.

the iwc is the way to go. it's a great watch and the only style that is not represented in your collection.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

IWC for me...then probably the rolex, though I'd pick a GMT Master over the Sub. The Panerai I like are in the next price range past these two...
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information