Panerai vs Rolex
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Panerai vs Rolex

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Panerai vs Rolex

My current collection is missing a GMT/dual time watch.
    I've narrowed down to two watches (Rolex 16570 40mm or Panerai 233 8 days). They may be very different watches, but both of their secondary price points are close enough for me to consider. Just wondering what others would choose based on these two watches.
    My observation is the Rolex is a top tier brand where the expii sits as a more entry level model while the panerai 233 (was) more of their higher end products.

Re: Panerai vs Rolex

Which watch do you like more?
    TJ Boogie, ljb187 and Viseguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tournemine View Post
    Which watch do you like more?
    Agreed.

Also, have you tried this (or any other) Panerai on before? I just think they wear so much differently than other watches...I'd never buy one i couldn't try on first.
    SwedishElite22 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I’m not a PAM fan at all.....

I’m no expert on either of these, but it seems to me that if you’re looking at preowned examples that are comparably priced, you’re looking at the high end of the spectrum for the Rolex and low end for the Pam? I may be wrong, just going off a quick search....but if that’s the case, condition and service cost might factor in if I were deciding. Also, in my area, preowned Rolex are fetching ridiculous premiums right now....which would give me some pause. I wanted a sub earlier this year. Obviously, there was no danger of getting a new one....but what turned me away from anything used was pricing.

Putting all that aside, it’d be a tough call....they’re both great watches. 44mm vs 40 might rule out the Pam for me, but if it wore comfortably I might go that route. I honestly think I’d have to try them both on to make a decision.

In hindsight, that doesn’t offer much help. Sorry....but good luck. No bad decision here.

I agree with what has been said....but there are a lot of Rolex out there, the PAM is different and that's always good. However, the Rolex will maintain or even grow in value. Sadly, the PAM will depreciate in value over time. My rule has always been to buy what you like regardless of potential future value unless you are planning to flip it.

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by dtm1 View Post
    My observation is the Rolex is a top tier brand where the expii sits as a more entry level model while the panerai 233 (was) more of their higher end products.
    And?
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Banned

I would always pick a Rolex over a Panerai dial.
    Bass likes this.

Agreed that Rolex is other worldly in terms of top tier recognition however I really like Panerai. If you would like to get more than a feel for Panerai, get a Getat. It may even scratch the itch----it is that good! My choice would be to buy a new Rolex and a Getat!

If you need a hand wind then Panerai is the one..... some have even 8 or 10 days power reserve....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information