Panerai Vs Rolex Submariner
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Panerai Vs Rolex Submariner

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Panerai Vs Rolex Submariner

Not I'm still a bit off with the funds to afford either one.

I want a good watches pretty badly. I've wanted the rolex submariner for about 5 months now. But I'm starting to weigh it against a Panerai. I think the Panerai is winning but I have wanted the rolex for longer.

The big thing here is the Panerai is a few thousand cheaper. Maybe a bit less but around there. That would mean I could get it quicker. Also there are less panerai fakes.

So if I was to buy one new from a dealer which do you think I should get? And which would you get?

Models are regular black rolex submariner and a regular black faced Panerai with small seconds, possibly power reserve but probably not.
    Radiohead

Sorry about the awkward wording, posted mobile.
    Radiohead

Re: Panerai Vs Rolex Submariner

Well of course there is alot to be said about rolex in terms of safe bet of stashing money into a physical investment you can wear. They are never going away and will always be desirable. Panerai over the last 10-15 years has been right there too. Despite the hopes of some they are also great investments. Some feel the classic size of the Rolex will win out and big watches are a fad. I personally dont think so and feel the 42+ size is what I want in a multi thousand dollar watch. I love the looks, pics, history of Rolex but I dont like them on the wrist. To me they are just on the edge of being too small and the bracelet taper to 18 is infuriating. The new supercases are a great step IMO but I cant pay that much. Someday I will have a classic GMT but my Panerais are being loved now

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The biggest piece of advise I can give to you is to wait and get the watch that you really want. Don't just buy the one you can get sooner or now as you will simply end up still wanting the other.

Keep in mind that unless you are getting a Panerai with the in-house movement they are all made by ETA as opposed to Rolex's COSC in-house movements. A Rolex also might hold it's value better in the long run but honestly that doesn't bother me, I would rather have the watch that I am happy with and not worry about the value holding.

I prefer the Panerai as they are more rare and you kind of have to know a fair bit about watches to even know about them as opposed to Rolex in which 80% the people on the planet know of.
    mat_ likes this.
    Tag Heuer Carrera
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
    IWC Portuguese 7 Days
    Panerai Luminor Marina 312
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon 39

I'd go for a Submariner just cause of the size which is better for smaller wrists.

A couple questions: why are all your words on your 'signature' thingy all capital? o_O
    and why do you put the straps you own on there? i LOL'd the first time I saw that
    why do you start new threads everyday?
    Not trying to sound intrusive at all, even though I know I am. I've just been wanting to say it for a while
    Last edited by dnsnlsn; September 4th, 2011 at 11:53.
    TAG Heuer | Aquaracer 300m (WAN2110.RKA8328) [Purchased New - June 2011]
    Sinn | 556 (
    556.3670) [Purchased New - August 2011]

If u buy the Pam, ur still Gunna want the sub! At least that's how it works with me.
    Can't go wrong with either one, but don't let price be a factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omega-Bond SMP. Speedy Pro 861. Rolex-Airking white dial arabic markers SeaDweller 16600 Z 2007 birth year of my sonTudor - Pelagos 25600TB Seiko-SBGX091. Tuna SBBN017. SKX009J. SKX011J1. Casio-Mudman GW9000A-1. PAW 2000T-7V. GW-5000-1JF.

MKII - Project 300 deposit

Quote Originally Posted by dnsnlsn
    I'd go for a Submariner just cause of the size which is better for smaller wrists.

A couple questions: why are all your words on your 'footnote' thingy all capital? o_O
    and why do you put the straps you own on there? i LOL'd the first time I saw that
    Not trying to sound intrusive at all, even though I know I am. I've just been wanting to say it for a while
    I like other peoples opinions when weighing my own. It's a bit annoying I know, at least I don't start threads about showing off the same watch. :P

And thanks for reminding me, have to update strap list. :D

And do you mean the title? If so, it's just a habit.
    Radiohead

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunl12496j View Post
    Also there are less panerai fakes.
    Really ? Compared to what ? What's your criterion if I may ask ?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Really ? Compared to what ? What's your criterion if I may ask ?
    Compared to Rolex fakes obviously.
    Tag Heuer Carrera
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
    IWC Portuguese 7 Days
    Panerai Luminor Marina 312
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon 39

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnsnlsn View Post

A couple questions: why are all your words on your 'signature' thingy all capital? o_O
    Just wandering:
    Why do you start your sentences with a small letter?
    Why do you use three colours in your Sig. ?

I hope you do not mind me asking!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information