Parcel force, held in customs
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Parcel force, held in customs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parcel force, held in customs

Hi all, I ordered a watch from Japan a G Shock and it's been sitting in customs for over a week, this has never happened before, I have had a Grand Seiko and a MM300 come from the same place and it cleared customs whitin hours, I gave parcel force a call and all they can tell me is there isn't a custom charge to pay yet so it can't be held for that reason, anyone going through the same thing or had it happen to them?

Re: Parcel force, held in customs

Yes, though not often.

When customs are busy it can take over a week.
    Sit tight, check back next week.
    5959HH and soaking.fused like this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Yes, I've had it happen. A few years ago, I ordered my Grand Seiko from Japan and it got held up in Chicago customs. It sat there for 3 WEEKS!!! It was absolutely maddening. I still remember checking the status every hour or so. I made phone calls, sent emails to the sender in Japan, researched online, etc... But then magically, I woke up one morning and got a text message notification that it had cleared customs and would be arriving the next day. I know it's brutal, but just be patient.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What country are you in? Never heard it being called the Parcel Force before.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Quote Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
    I'm assuming UK. Parcelforce process most of the items from overseas once they reach our shores: https://www.parcelforce.com/
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
    I'm in the UK, when it arrived here, parcel force are the company that took over for delivery.

I don't know what country you are in as you provide members with no information about yourself.

I'm in the US and have purchased many watches from overseas. The longest a watch was ever held in US Customs was 6 weeks. After that I always require expedited shipping to me, but that is more expensive so paying for that depends on the cost of your watch.

Two weeks is nothing. I would not worry about.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

Cheers guys, I'll just wait, nothing much I can do, my first G-Shock so kind of excited lol.

I've sent several watches from Japan to the UK (and everywhere else in the world)--getting through UK customs and into your hands takes longer than just about anywhere else (Canada, Italy and Germany are similar, in that regard)--almost always at least a week to 10 days on your side of the ocean--and coming from Japan, it was likely a bit slower than usual, as last week was the "Obon" season, an unofficial series of holidays where many/most businesses shut down so that folks can pay respect to their dead relatives...everything slows down during this period.

Who’s got your watch? PF or customs. It sounds like customs but I’d double check just to make sure. Unfortunately customs aren’t all that consistent at clearing stuff. I’ve had watches that have literally zoomed through and others that have taken far longer so sit tight like Brad advises. Remember that it’s a bank holiday on Monday and customs do like a backlog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information