Paul BUHRE - LE LOCLE Gold-Diamonds-Emerald-mechanical extra-slim wrist watch

Poll: Is this a one-off model?

Thread: Paul BUHRE - LE LOCLE Gold-Diamonds-Emerald-mechanical extra-slim wrist watch

Paul BUHRE - LE LOCLE Gold-Diamonds-Emerald-mechanical extra-slim wrist watch

Hi,
    Two decades ago I bought the vintage watch on the photos. I like it and wear it now and then (I am a man). It is very conspicuous and bigger than many lady watches. Although I have some idea, I would like to find the exact manufacturing date and have input for the approximate value. Could it be a one-off model? The total thickness of the movement (together with the 2 glasses) is about 3 mm. It is always visible from top and bottom. Click on photos to magnify.
    Thank you for any information.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by TIGUIDOU; November 26th, 2010 at 23:07.

Banned

Re: Paul BUHRE - LE LOCLE Gold-Diamonds-Emerald-mechanical extra-slim wrist watch

Wow. That certainly is different. All real gold and diamonds and emeralds? How much does it weigh? What are the dimensions? If it is 36mm+ I'd wear it too. Not quite sure where, but it'd be awesome to be watching NCIS Los Angeles, then look down at my wrist during the ad break and see that badboy glittering.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Paul BUHRE - LE LOCLE Gold-Diamonds-Emerald-mechanical extra-slim wrist watch

We do not do evaluations here on WUS. If you want to knw why please feel free to read the stickies on our Vintage & Pocket Watches Forum.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Look up the realized prices for Buhre watches on Ebay as starting place for value. If the stones are diamonds then a jeweler should be enlisted to provide an estimate. I think that that watch might be of interest to someone who collects jewelery or highly decorated watches. In my experience those collectors don't frequent watch websites. Who made the movement?

Banned

WOW!!!!!

Certainly an unusual watch. Gold AND Stones AND skeletton movement.

I maybe would be able to wear it with a pink shirt.
    But only if I had my wife with me.

I can see it on her wrist, certainly the size would suit her.

Holy Mackerel, I just do not know what to say!

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    Wow. That certainly is different. All real gold and diamonds and emeralds? How much does it weigh? What are the dimensions? If it is 36mm+ I'd wear it too. Not quite sure where, but it'd be awesome to be watching NCIS Los Angeles, then look down at my wrist during the ad break and see that badboy glittering.
    Dear Justin Bieber, I recognized you. Although much older than you, this watch was made FOR YOU. All real diamonds and emeralds, sure, but that is not the point, because small diamonds and stones do not have very significant value. Only the arrangement and workmanship have. The total length is 19.5 cm (see photos). The diameter of the glasses is 22 mm. Not that big...

I am not looking for a valuation. Just for a gross idea of what it could be worth so that I do not cheat the taxman more than 90 % when I list it in my heirloom.

Thank you for the advice. I do not have enough kowledge to identify movements. But anyone in the know, may give us hints just by looking through the top and bottom glasses (photos given can be magnified by clicking)

Thread Information