Paypal help needed

Thread: Paypal help needed

Paypal help needed

I have a question regarding a paypal dispute that I am going to escalate to a claim and was wondering if anyone has done the same in the past? If I put a claim in will paypal pay any money owed to me or does the other party have to fork out any money? I bought some goods 2 months ago and have not received the goods. Not sure if its Ok to post this here but I could not see a general topic type forum.

Re: Paypal help needed

Generally it depends whether Paypal can get the money off the seller. They certainly won't refund you out of their pocket.

This is my understanding - my experience is limited to one occasion though.

When you make a claim they will immediately attempt to take the money from the seller's account and hold it until they have judged on the claim. This is only possible through if he/she has a balance in Paypal that is sufficient. If not, they will take what (if any) they can, and freeze his/her account. The only way he/she will be able to get their account un-frozen (should this be defrosted? ) is by paying the balance to Paypal. Paypal will then keep the money until they have reached a decision re the claim.

In my case (watch purchased and never received - seller claimed lost in post and wouldn't take responsibility) I received a small amount back once Paypal had judged in my favour, and they frose his account. A month later I received the balance (he needed to use his paypal account and so paid the balance at that time)

I don't think Paypal will debit a credit card or bank account that the seller's account is linked to, but I might be wrong

Good luck though, and sorry you've had this problem

Rich

If you used your CC with pay with Paypal, you're better off filing a claim through your CC provider.
    Previously Loved:
    Poljot SS18; Tissot PRS200 & Seastar 1000; Eterna Monterey; Steinhart Ocean1; TAG F1 Midsize & WAH1110; Invicta Grand Diver GMT;
    Breitling Colt II Chrono; Hamilton Jazzmaster Square; Omega SMP; Hamilton Air Race GMT; Seiko Snow Monster

Current Stable:
    Eterna KonTiki LE; Alpina Extreme Sailing; vintage (.ca 1961) Omega Seamster

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hopefully you paid with a credit card. If so, call up you credit card and do a charge back. There's a limit for doing disputes through PayPal, and I believe that you have 30 days to file a dispute. If you didn't receive what you paid for, start the process now.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

File claim if you have not received the item.

However, paypal will NOT stand behind you IF the seller has sent AN item to you and have proof that you received it.

Note that I put "AN" in caps because paypal does NOT care - unless it is an ebay item - whether you received a rock or actual item. (That was their explanation to me - they do not care what the item was, just that I received it).

I received a broken watch (dial was broken, initially, seller seemed like tried to work with me, but later, claimed that I broke the watch - even though I contacted him with the problem within an hour of receipt of the watch) but paypal said as long as I received something and seller can prove that I received it, there is nothing I can do.

My credit card company DID come through though. So, file it with your credit card if you bought it using the credit card.

Good luck!

thanks for the advice everyone, I did use my CC so I will call them tomorrow.

I had a similar situation where the amount was debited from my Amex account via PayPal, but seller had not sent the watch after more than a month.

I called Amex which put a hold on the payment, and I finally received a full credit after a month.

https://www.instagram.com/vintagebkkwatch/

Yeah some sellers on Ebay are really bad, I have two claims :

1- I win a bid and pay by Bank Transfer as requested by the seller. The watch received was in bad condition not as described. I try to contact with seller, he desappeared and had no more item in Ebay. I lodge a claim to Ebay but they simply close my case after 20 days without any resolution !

2- The other claim is for an item not received, the seller promised me to send the tracking and desappear so when I lodged a claim he dared to respond and provide me for the tracking. The shipment is lost somewhere at the Post and he requests me to solve the problem by myself. Since I paid with Paypal, I just escalate to a claim. Also I will contact my Credit Card company for a charge back.

If you do a charge back does Paypal lock your account for future use of their service ???

Believe it or not, when you are asking those kind of questions in Ebay Answer Center, you have a bunch of sellers that are just there to blame you and there is nobody ( Ebay included ) that can provide the right answer !!!

Hopefully there are also good sellers in Ebay.

I hope there are experience people in WUS who can advise. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoThai View Post
    If you do a charge back does Paypal lock your account for future use of their service ???
    They did not when I was last forced to do this. When Paypal eventually returned my funds from the seller, I reversed the chargeback. Interestingly, Paypal really dragged their feet before receiving the chargeback.

Thread Information