Are people really such suckers - Page 3
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Are people really such suckers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Are people really such suckers

Quote Originally Posted by chuasam View Post
    when I was in London, I visited Harrod's and they had a bloody Coconut selling for £15!!!! a pair of "fancy" boxer briefs were £27. That is RIDICULOUS.
    M&S down the street had equally good underoos for like £5
    Bastards and Brigands.
    Us minions don't actually shop at Harrods we just go to laugh at the prices.
    chuasam likes this.

when I was in London, I visited Harrod's and they had a bloody Coconut selling for £15!!!! a pair of "fancy" boxer briefs were £27. That is RIDICULOUS.
    Bastards and Brigands.
    I've spent the last week cycling my sorry ass up all the famous Tour de France climbs - one of the things I really look forward to after a long, tough ride is a cold can of Coke and it really hisses me off to have to pay 3 euros for a freaking Coke here - same price as a small bottle of water (!!!) or a glass of red. Well, everywhere except in Annecy, where it was 4 euros for a Coke - which, I have to admit, tasted great after 2+ hours of riding in the baking sun.

Funnily, I can understand paying big bucks at a Michelin-starred restaurant (and am actually going to do so at a 3* place next week) - the food is special and so there is a reason for charging more - but 3 euros for a goddamn can of Coke chaps my rear like you wouldnt believe.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

Bastards and Brigands.

You do realise that the cheapest houses in that area are in the region of £25,000,000 right?
    chuasam and John MS like this.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    I've spent the last week cycling my sorry ass up all the famous Tour de France climbs - one of the things I really look forward to after a long, tough ride is a cold can of Coke and it really hisses me off to have to pay 3 euros for a freaking Coke here - same price as a small bottle of water (!!!) or a glass of red. Well, everywhere except in Annecy, where it was 4 euros for a Coke - which, I have to admit, tasted great after 2+ hours of riding in the baking sun.

Funnily, I can understand paying big bucks at a Michelin-starred restaurant (and am actually going to do so at a 3* place next week) - the food is special and so there is a reason for charging more - but 3 euros for a goddamn can of Coke chaps my rear like you wouldnt believe.
    I really really want to eat at http://noma.dk in Copenhagen one day.

Eat a cheap meal = I'm full
    Eat a moderately priced meal = That was delicious
    Eat a super expensive fancy meal = wow! that was an experience.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    You do realise that the cheapest houses in that area are in the region of £25,000,000 right?
    In 2014, a 16,000 sq ft two-storey penthouse in One Hyde Park sold for £140 million
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

In 2014, a 16,000 sq ft two-storey penthouse in One Hyde Park sold for £140 million
    I'm talking old/existing.
    If I recall, that 25million was something like a 11million increase over 8-10 years.

I did a refurb/refit/renovation of a flat in W1 that during the period of works, the value had gone up to the extent that the cost of works and associated fees were covered.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    Beat me to it....

I don't understand why anyone would complain about the prices at Harrods or any other store. If you don't like what you see then keep moving downscale until you find something within budget. Harrods will have no problem selling their merchandise as priced. As Marks & Sparks, Walmart or any other retailer will sell to their intended audience.
    Last edited by John MS; July 21st, 2015 at 21:54.
    Watchbreath likes this.

Suddenly, $339 does not seem so important. Still think he's a scammer. Too odd and low of a $#. I've seen $6K and $10K before.

Cheers,

Mike

Well, Harrod's a tourist trap, but a nice place to browse watches

When the bubble burst there, it gonna be a "awesome". Don't like using that overused word, but it really fits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information