People with Tiny Wrists
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: People with Tiny Wrists

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

People with Tiny Wrists

I've recently been experimenting with watches and at first I bought a 40mm 46 lug to lug basic quartz (didn't even check the size, just order a watch). That led me to doing some research about sizes before I ordered a Rodina 38mm 48 lug to lug. The watch is great but, to me, it is still a bit big (6 inch wrists). Sad to part with it but I really think I'd be more comfortable with something a tad smaller for the right fit. However, it seems that there is a real lack of smaller watches under 200. I haven't really been able to find anything besides Seiko 5s and a Citizen field watch. I know there is also a few Timexs but loud ticking drives me crazy. So I was wondering what other people with small wrists wear? Do you just wear larger watches? Are there any chronographs that I'd be able to wear or is that just out?

Re: People with Tiny Wrists

Google small wrists site:watchuseek.com/f71.

You'll find numerous threads on this subject, limited to the "affordable watches" sub-forum if you only search in site:watchuseek.com/f71 specifically.
    NC_Hager626 likes this.

The world of Vintage Watches is at your feet or in this case ..wrist ….the possibilities are endless !!
    In Valor there is Hope - Tacitus

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks to both of you. I'll go check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by rho-aias View Post
    I've recently been experimenting with watches and at first I bought a 40mm 46 lug to lug basic quartz (didn't even check the size, just order a watch). That led me to doing some research about sizes before I ordered a Rodina 38mm 48 lug to lug. The watch is great but, to me, it is still a bit big (6 inch wrists). Sad to part with it but I really think I'd be more comfortable with something a tad smaller for the right fit. However, it seems that there is a real lack of smaller watches under 200. I haven't really been able to find anything besides Seiko 5s and a Citizen field watch. I know there is also a few Timexs but loud ticking drives me crazy. So I was wondering what other people with small wrists wear? Do you just wear larger watches? Are there any chronographs that I'd be able to wear or is that just out?
    If you haven't already, you might want to start on the Slender Wrist site here for an idea of what sizes, especially the all-important & often undisclosed lug-to-lug case length, work for you.

For smaller, more vintage-sized, chrono suggestions, maybe check out this thread on under 40mm chronos.
    ffritz and redhed18 like this.
    ------------------------------------

(Almost) every watch a tool watch.

I too have 6 inch wrists so feel your pain but as others have mentioned vintage are often smaller. Also, manufacturers are starting to return to these more traditional, smaller sizes which is great news for us.

As for the chronograph point I’ve just purchased a 38mm El Primero which fits a dream but a more wallet friendly option is the Dan Henry 1964. Mechanical quartz and a very cool design for around £200 if my memory serves me correctly.

Forgot to add the photos!

Name:  B05EC75E-878A-4861-A980-A123861AFA8A.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  1.82 MBName:  4DD6CE65-4340-4266-BFC1-95D01EA22440.jpeg
Views: 48
Size:  3.56 MB

I agree that vintage watches are something you can certainly look into. I own several vintage watches, that were my own purchases back in the day, or that I inherited, and I never wear them now because I have 8" wrists.

But back in the 1980s, smaller diameter watches were much more the norm, and I have some watches as small as 32-33mm that look ridiculous on me today but just seemed normal back then. Today, most women's watches are larger than that, so buying modern watches will be a challenge. But there are great vintage watches that I would love to own but won't because of their small size.

An example is my father's Gruen Curvex. I never wear it because it's tiny on my wrist (looks smaller in person than this close-up). This size would be perfect for your wrist, and these and other vintage watches are things to consider.

I have 6.5" wrists, so I know your pain. for $400, you can get into nice vintage Omega, Hamilton, Tudor will be a bit high.
    I think vintage will be your friend. New, seikos will be good too.
    Rolex Explorer 114270
    Rolex Explorer 2 Polar 3186 16570
    Rolex Datejust 1601
    Omega Dynamic Chronograph
    Omega Seamaster London Olymipcs
    Omega Seamaster 1956
    Nomos Timeless I Club
    Accutron Spaceview 1964
    Oris Divers Sixty Five Heritage 40mm
    Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical Manual Wind
    Hamilton Mechanical 1981 Military
    Breitling Colt GMT HMX-1 Marine One
    Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Sector Date
    Ming 17.01 Blue
    Ming 17.03 GMT Red
    Rado Captain Cook
    Bucherer Day/Date 1970's
    Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chrono
    Seagull 1963 Chrono Sapphire
    Citizen Blue Angels AT8020-3L
    Seiko SNK809
    Movado Museum

I too have smaller wrists, but there is still a great number of selections in the 36-40mm range.

Use the search engine on this forum as a resource to see what is out there that might meet your needs.

Good luck.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information