WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

percentage of income to spend on a grail?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  CitizenM 
#1 ·
how many days' or months' salary spent for a very special watch, whatever your income or whatever your watch? (talk me out of my parsimony, please)

many thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
how many days' or months' salary spent for a very special watch, whatever your income or whatever your watch? (talk me out of my parsimony, please)

many thanks
Oh no, not another How Much Of My Income Should I Spend On A Luxury Watch thread....

You really should look at your financial picture and decide if you can afford to spend any money on a timekeeper. If so how much. Or post all the details of your financial condition and maybe the group can decide for you.

Arrrghhh.....

#5 ·
How can there be any set rule for that?
It only depends on a million other things.
If you make a million dollars a yr. but have 50 mil. in the bank I guess one could spend 100% of one's income right?

#8 ·
I'll answer for you...spend whatever it takes to get the watch. You only live once right?

Now...why ask a bunch of strangers on a forum who know nothing about your financial obligations...and care even less about them? This question has always been a weird one.

#9 ·
Spend as much as you want. Good watches are basically free. If you need the money back just liquidate it for 95% of what you paid for it, which is especially easy if you buy used.

I'm also a knife collector and I have never paid a net positive sum for a knife. I always pay -50 or sometimes as much as -150. You can do that with watches too if you know the market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.