Perfect quartz adventurer...

Thread: Perfect quartz adventurer...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Perfect quartz adventurer...

I am looking for the perfect quartz watch that will stand up to anything... Water, mud, shocks, diving, extreme temperatures, knocks, bangs, scrapes, etc. etc. Needs to be WR to at least 200m, but MUCH prefer 300+ ratings. I'm not a fan of G-Shocks or digital watches in general. I'd really, really love something in a GMT, but that's not a dealbreaker. Needs to present decently on the wrist for social occasions. Looking to spend around $1000 US... Less would be great, obviously.

I've found the Dievas Oceantimer, the Ocean7 G-2S... They're definitely nice. The Zeno Airplane GMT has the extra hand, but I have reservations as to how much abuse it can take, and the look is kind of cheesy imo.... I haven't been able to find much in a rugged higher-end quartz, actually... I've found basically nothing in a rugged, high WR quartz GMT except for the Zeno... Looking for a few more options. Help!

Re: Perfect quartz adventurer...

Check out a Marathon if GMT complication is not a dealbreaker:

Tritium TSAR Issue Dive Watch

And a Seiko Tuna, if GMT complication is not a dealbreaker, as well.

Reaching into the higher-end of your budget, you can look at pre-owned Breitling and Omega quartz.

And into the lower- and mid-range of your budget, you can look at other Seiko quartz divers, the Citizen Eco-Zilla, Victorinox Swiss Army.
    Last edited by brandon\; December 27th, 2010 at 20:14.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Thanks for the ideas! Should have mentioned, tritium is a dealbreaker... I know, I know- It's for all intents and purposes harmless, but it will bug me. The Seiko tuna is awesome, and definitely under serious consideration should I find one at the right price...

I actually had a Breitling Colt II SQ, and despite the lack of a GMT feature, I think it was basically the perfect watch. In a fit of extreme holiday generosity, I gave it to my father... He has been looking for the perfect quartz himself, and I wanted him to have it. If I can find another in my price-point... The chances of that are slim, however. As for the Omegas... I like them... But I think they are a little over-priced. People want basically $200 less than current MSRP for their 10 year old Seamaster with peeling hands and ground-up bezel. I remain unconvinced as to their durability- they seem much more delicate than Breitlings or Rolexes...

I really wish someone would make a stylish tool quartz GMT... A Sinn U2 GMT in quartz would be the perfect watch...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    As for the Omegas... I like them... But I think they are a little over-priced. People want basically $200 less than current MSRP for their 10 year old Seamaster with peeling hands and ground-up bezel. I remain unconvinced as to their durability- they seem much more delicate than Breitlings or Rolexes...
    Would love to see some evidence of any of this... I won't hold my breath.
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Maybe a nice Citizen Eco-Drive....

Quote Originally Posted by hidden by leaves View Post
    Would love to see some evidence of any of this... I won't hold my breath.
    Don't get all fanboy. The Seamaster quartzes are beautiful watches for sure, but people do tend to want more for them used, compared to similar price-point brands... I'm definitely not the first to say this- It's not uncommon to see a decade old Seamaster quartz in less-than-stellar shape for, say, $1350-$1400, when you can walk into any Jared's and get a new one for $1700. As for durability, I simply said I'm not convinced... Would you love to see evidence that I'm not convinced?

Banned

EcoZILLA

SBCM023

Seamaster (used)

Bali Hai Q

Swiss Army Divemaster 500

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    Don't get all fanboy. The Seamaster quartzes are beautiful watches for sure, but people do tend to want more for them used, compared to similar price-point brands... I'm definitely not the first to say this- It's not uncommon to see a decade old Seamaster quartz in less-than-stellar shape for, say, $1350-$1400, when you can walk into any Jared's and get a new one for $1700. As for durability, I simply said I'm not convinced... Would you love to see evidence that I'm not convinced?
    As I thought. Let's just leave it at you're entitled to your opinion, which is all this is. I thought you had something of substance in yours. No worries.

Apologies to the OP if this took things a little off track.
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Quote Originally Posted by hidden by leaves View Post
    As I thought. Let's just leave it at you're entitled to your opinion, which is all this is. I thought you had something of substance in yours. No worries.

Apologies to the OP if this took things a little off track.
    I'm actually the OP. Did you want to suggest a watch here, or..?

maybe a Benarus World Diver GMT quartz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information