Perrelet Lab - anyone familiar with it? Thoughts?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jmanlay
  • 1 Post By jmanlay
  • 1 Post By Sav

Thread: Perrelet Lab - anyone familiar with it? Thoughts?

Perrelet Lab - anyone familiar with it? Thoughts?

With too much time on my hands, I stumbled upon the Perrelet Lab Peripheral today. Gotta be honest, Iím kinda digginí it something fierce. 42mm case, rotor exposed via the dial. Itís intriguing...what can I say?

It appears to have been released at Baselworld 2016, then it looks like the company slipped off the face of the earth. Quick search and I only see a few articles/reviews from back then. Nothing on the usual GM sites, and I can only find two references to it being offered for sale anywhere, both from ADs in the UK. Itís like it killed the brand upon release. Almost as though it was never really sold.

So, just curious.....anyone ever see one, own one or feel like sharing any thoughts about it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Perrelet Lab - anyone familiar with it? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    With too much time on my hands, I stumbled upon the Perrelet Lab Peripheral today. Gotta be honest, Iím kinda digginí it something fierce. 42mm case, rotor exposed via the dial. Itís intriguing...what can I say?

It appears to have been released at Baselworld 2016, then it looks like the company slipped off the face of the earth. Quick search and I only see a few articles/reviews from back then. Nothing on the usual GM sites, and I can only find two references to it being offered for sale anywhere, both from ADs in the UK. Itís like it killed the brand upon release. Almost as though it was never really sold.

So, just curious.....anyone ever see one, own one or feel like sharing any thoughts about it?
    That peripheral rotor is pretty cool.
    I say why not.... I like a good tonneau case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zeroedout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmanlay View Post
    That peripheral rotor is pretty cool.
    I say why not.... I like a good tonneau case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, the problem is that I don’t see any compelling evidence that the watch actually exists. No pre-owned examples for sale, no “owner” reviews, no non-marketing videos, no models on the GM, Chrono24, Watchrecon. The only place I see it listed is Jura, an AD...and they show one stock photo. Assuming they have it, I just don’t see myself paying an AD’s price for it. I’m thinkin’ at 60% off on the GM...maybe. If I could find it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    Lol, the problem is that I donít see any compelling evidence that the watch actually exists. No pre-owned examples for sale, no ďownerĒ reviews, no non-marketing videos, no models on the GM, Chrono24, Watchrecon. The only place I see it listed is Jura, an AD...and they show one stock photo. Assuming they have it, I just donít see myself paying an ADís price for it. Iím thinkiní at 60% off on the GM...maybe. If I could find it.
    That is indeed an issue if it is a phantom watch. You could call and ask Jura see wha they say.
    Zeroedout likes this.

Sav

Never owned this watch but have owned a Perrelet in the past. The quality and finish was outstanding and on par, if not marginally better, than my two Omegas. At grey market prices they are a bargain. If you can find it of course.
    Zeroedout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sav View Post
    Never owned this watch but have owned a Perrelet in the past. The quality and finish was outstanding and on par, if not marginally better, than my two Omegas. At grey market prices they are a bargain. If you can find it of course.
    Iíll tell yaí, if the First Class was offered in a 40-41mm case Iíd probably own a black and a white-dial version. Even at 42.5mm, I keep considering it when they go on sale in the $900 range.

A pic of the First Class, Ďcause pics make any thread easier to read...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information