Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    21

    Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    All,

    I have my eyes on a Jump Hour watch for 2014 and I like the Perrelet Jumping Hour. They seem to be available quite widely at 50% off retail. I know the brand bears the name of a watch great, but is just a resurrection of the name. Anyone know if something else is going on with the brand? It looks like a finely decorated movement.

    Also, I can't seem to find any information on who manufactures the movement. I'm assuming at this number that it's not in house on the Jumping Hour.

    Help, I love the watch, but would like more info.

    CM

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    37,276

    Re: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    Best known for the dual rotor, one on the face. There're some who think he was Brequet's mentor.

  3. #3
    Member jswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,783

    Re: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    I've looked at that one with interest as well. The P-191 movement is an ETA 2892 modified by Dubois Dépraz.
    Last edited by jswing; January 9th, 2014 at 23:01.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Watchnut12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    SFO Bay Area (415)
    Posts
    1,214

    Re: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    Here is what the brand today is, which has nothing to do with Abrham-Louis Perrelet besides that they played to use his name. Besides that they make excellent watches IMO.

    PERRELET WATCH CO. TODAY:

    While the factory claims to have been in continuous production since the late eighteenth century, the brand has only recently begun to command attention worthy of its heritage. The brand, acquired in 2004 by Miguel Rodriguez of the Festina Group, has recently (2007) appointed Marc Bernhardt as CEO of Perrelet, and under his direction the company has released a few highly regarded watches. These include watches with retrograde, jumping hour, and double-rotor complications.
    In terms of pricing, Bernhardt has positioned Perrelet in the lower middle of the luxury market, with most of their recent releases priced between five and ten thousand (US) dollars. Their upper-range watches featuring costlier complications, such as tourbillonsor minute-repeaters, typically retail in the thirty to forty thousand (US) dollar range. In 2009 Rodriguez appointed Fausto Salvi as CEO of Perrelet
    ljb187 likes this.
    P

    Current Rotation:Rolex Sky Dweller YG, Rolex YachtMaster II, Rolex Day Date Anniversary Green, Rolex GMT Master 2 YG, JLC Master Compressor Chrono RG, Carl F Bucherer Diver RG, Louis Moinet Memoris RG, Cartier Diver RG, Grand Seiko High Beat Diver, Hublot Unico White Ceramic, Omega Grey Side of the Moon, Seiko Ananta Chrono, Tag Heuer Senna Limited, AP Royal Oak Offshore Forged Carbon, Patek Phillipe Nautilus.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    138

    Re: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    I too had been eyeing a Perrelet jumping hour model. I just pulled the trigger on their model A1037-6. I'll post some pics when it arrives.

  7. #6
    Member Longjean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    Quote Originally Posted by Watchnut12 View Post
    Here is what the brand today is, which has nothing to do with Abrham-Louis Perrelet besides that they played to use his name. Besides that they make excellent watches IMO.

    PERRELET WATCH CO. TODAY:

    While the factory claims to have been in continuous production since the late eighteenth century, the brand has only recently begun to command attention worthy of its heritage. The brand, acquired in 2004 by Miguel Rodriguez of the Festina Group, has recently (2007) appointed Marc Bernhardt as CEO of Perrelet, and under his direction the company has released a few highly regarded watches. These include watches with retrograde, jumping hour, and double-rotor complications.
    In terms of pricing, Bernhardt has positioned Perrelet in the lower middle of the luxury market, with most of their recent releases priced between five and ten thousand (US) dollars. Their upper-range watches featuring costlier complications, such as tourbillonsor minute-repeaters, typically retail in the thirty to forty thousand (US) dollar range. In 2009 Rodriguez appointed Fausto Salvi as CEO of Perrelet
    What did they play? cards.

  8. #7
    Member ljb187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA/Thailand
    Posts
    5,038

    Re: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    Ashford's got the A1037-6 model on sale for $1635, which I think is a good deal:

    Name:  Perrelet.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  41.4 KB

    If you had an interest in a rectangular automatic that's on the larger side (50mm x 37.6mm), Raymond Weil's Don Giovanni jump hours are pretty stylish for about the same price on the grey market:

    Name:  RW2.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  77.3 KB
    Last edited by ljb187; January 14th, 2014 at 03:54.
    Chronopolis likes this.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    37,276

    Re: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    The RW's are by far are much better looking than the Breitling - Flying "B".
    natesen likes this.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC/Philly
    Posts
    2,405

    Re: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    The RW's are by far are much better looking than the Breitling - Flying "B".
    The flying b was a huge flop for breitling. They couldn't give those things away....

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    37,276

    Re: Perrelet: What's the Story on This Brand

    A great example for "sticker-shock" and the hour change, that was interesting to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by natesen View Post
    The flying b was a huge flop for breitling. They couldn't give those things away....

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •