Pet peeve-Are my expectations too high?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pet peeve-Are my expectations too high?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pet peeve-Are my expectations too high?

When I sell a watch and PM the tracking info to the buyer, I routinely insert a comment, "I'd appreciate it if you would let me know you've received the watch with no issues." I'm simply reinforcing a notion that I consider common courtesy and while I'm disappointed (but not terribly surprised) when a buyer with a brief history on watch forums ignores this simple request, I am truly dismayed when it happens with someone with an extensive track record of posts and deals here. Tuesday evening, 30 hours after the watch is supposed to have been delivered, I PMed the buyer, asking if he received the watch OK and although he's been online numerous times, he still chooses to ignore me nearly three days after delivery. If circumstances have kept him from examining and evaluating the watch, why not say so? Would you consider that to be rude or do I expect too much?

Re: Pet peeve-Are my expectations too high?

I assume he doesn't want to comment until he is 110% sure he is happy with the watch.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

If the buyer is not making an issue of it then maybe your expectations are too high. Perhaps others are probably not as thorough as you are.
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ChuckW, I agree that a simple acknowledgement of receipt is nice to have. Although I've never bought from you, I nevertheless appreciate that there are sellers out there who will pm tracking info and maintain correspondence throughout- thanks for that.

wemedge
    It's 1700hrs somewhere...

Some people just don't know how to reciprocate courtesy.......
    shokka9 likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I get a little miffed as well so I'm w/ you.It's called common courtesy.Also feedback makes me a little PO'd as well.When some1 buys something from me I leave feedback on them & I include a little note asking to leave feedback on our deal & they don't.
    Panerai 312 / Panerai 176 / Panerai 380 / Rolex 16600 SD /Seiko SBGA001 "Snowflake" /Omega 3573.50 "Sapphire Sandwich" /Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope /Sinn U1 / Longines Legend Diver -No Date / Anonimo D-Date./ Benarus- Bronze-Mo /Seiko 1970 Navigator Timer/Nomos Ahoi Atlantik /Oris 65 Diver / Seiko Turtle SRP777 / Zenith ​ El Primero Tri-Color/ Longines Avigation Big Eye.
    William

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    I get a little miffed as well so I'm w/ you.It's called common courtesy.Also feedback makes me a little PO'd as well.When some1 buys something from me I leave feedback on them & I include a little note asking to leave feedback on our deal & they don't.
    This.
    Especially when they promised to do so after acknowledging yours..and have since left multiple feedbacks for others...(on a LNIB piece)

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    I've never requested feedback. I feel it should be freely given and not coerced, so if I'm satisfied with a deal, it's not unusual that I leave feedback with no reciprocation.

I agree it's a common courtesy, but I have had buyers who don't follow up. In that case I just assume all is well, but I agree with you, a quick note to assure you that the watch has arrived safely is good form. I've had buyers confirm that they received a strap in good order for crying out loud, so a watch should definitely be acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I've never requested feedback. I feel it should be freely given and not coerced, so if I'm satisfied with a deal, it's not unusual that I leave feedback with no reciprocation.
    Not coerced, but I expect it since my rule of thumb is buy the seller 1st.
    cedargrove likes this.
    Panerai 312 / Panerai 176 / Panerai 380 / Rolex 16600 SD /Seiko SBGA001 "Snowflake" /Omega 3573.50 "Sapphire Sandwich" /Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope /Sinn U1 / Longines Legend Diver -No Date / Anonimo D-Date./ Benarus- Bronze-Mo /Seiko 1970 Navigator Timer/Nomos Ahoi Atlantik /Oris 65 Diver / Seiko Turtle SRP777 / Zenith ​ El Primero Tri-Color/ Longines Avigation Big Eye.
    William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information