Physical stores that sell NATO straps in Manhattan?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Physical stores that sell NATO straps in Manhattan?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Physical stores that sell NATO straps in Manhattan?

I know that Central Watch @ Grand Central Terminal does but selection is limited. Other places in the area? Thanks.

Re: Physical stores that sell NATO straps in Manhattan?

Bumping this. There are tons of NYC members someone has to know.

Hodinkee has it i think
    Dave8 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've only been able to find Nato style straps at Grand Central. Sadly, the selection is indeed limited, expensive and the sales staff uninformed and a little unfriendly.

I visited the place because of its reputation. When I got there, I asked about NATO straps and got a blank stare until who presume to be the owner told the sales attendant to check the bag labeled Nato's. None of the straps offered were NATO's, though, just zulus. Because I didn't want to head back empty handed, I chose a blue striped zulu. The sales attendant offered to change the straps. I handed her my Sinn and she struggled with removing the NATO. I took it back and swapped both straps. I wouldn't have minded if they didn't make me feel like a pest, asking about the selection and whatnot. I asked about the NATOs on display and was told that they were not for sale. The prices are also higher than higher quality straps that can be found online. The blue zulu I picked up was 27 bucks. It is comfy, though, but premium Natos with hardware options can be had for nearly half at Crown and buckle. If you do decide to come, bring cash -- there are ATMS nearby -- because they don't accept card. :\

There's another option, but I haven't found the store yet. Apparently you can buy decent NATO straps at the Fossil store in Manhattan. So far my experience with watch shops in Manhattan has been subpar, but I did rather enjoy visiting the Omega boutique at 5th Avenue. Superb service!
    Last edited by Ottovonn; May 19th, 2014 at 16:35.
    Dave8 likes this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

NATO straps do not exist outside of our online universe. Just kidding, but it feels that way sometimes. Leffot in the West Village sells pricey Horween leather NATOs but I have never seen plain old nylon ones at a store.
    Dave8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    I've only been able to find Nato style straps at Grand Central. Sadly, the selection is indeed limited, expensive and the sales staff uninformed and a little unfriendly.

I visited the place because of its reputation. When I got there, I asked about NATO straps and got a blank stare until who presume to be the owner told the sales attendant to check the bag labeled Nato's. None of the straps offered were NATO's, though, just zulus. Because I didn't want to head back empty handed, I chose a blue striped zulu. The sales attendant offered to change the straps. I handed her my Sinn and she struggled with removing the NATO. I took it back and swapped both straps. I wouldn't have minded if they didn't make me feel like a pest, asking about the selection and whatnot. I asked about the NATOs on display and was told that they were not for sale. The prices are also higher than higher quality straps that can be found online. The blue zulu I picked up was 27 bucks. It is comfy, though, but premium Natos with hardware options can be had for nearly half at Crown and buckle. If you do decide to come, bring cash -- there are ATMS nearby -- because they don't accept card. :\

There's another option, but I haven't found the store yet. Apparently you can buy decent NATO straps at the Fossil store in Manhattan. So far my experience with watch shops in Manhattan has been subpar, but I did rather enjoy visiting the Omega boutique at 5th Avenue. Superb service!

Otto, across the street is Henri Buhler of Swiss Watch Repair. He's actually very nice.
    Dave8 likes this.

Hodinkee has a physical shop?

27 bucks from Grand Central? I'm not spending that much on a NATO not made from leather.

Ill check the
    Fossil store in Manhattan but can't imagine the straps being quality.

Anyone near here:

56 West 47th Street

If so, why don't you scope it out and report back.

Try to take a few photos to post - inside and out.

OK?
    Dave8 likes this.
    Courtesy of ULF.

Your best bet would just be to come over and raid my watch drawer. I have 20s, 22s, even two 24s, NATO, Zulu, Maratac, crown and buckle, solid colors and stripes. I have more than enough to gift a fellow WUSer.
    Dave8 likes this.

Same with:

84 Bowery

Can someone in the area scope it and post/report?
    Dave8 likes this.
    Courtesy of ULF.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information