pics of some of my collection...

Thread: pics of some of my collection...

pics of some of my collection...

Here for you perusal, some of my watch collection:

The new Seiko automatic, $149 at TJ Maxx. Not sure if I'm going to keep this though because while it's snazzy, the face of it is so busy that it's hard to read it at a glance. UPDATE: I returned it. I guess it was a one night stand.

It does not glow that long, but looks nice when it does:

The Fortis Spacematic. This one I really like. I'm enjoying it and it keeps great time.

My Tissot T-Touch Titanium. Bought while intoxicated on rum from st. thomas. Don't drink and shop in the islands, mon.

Seiko quartz, titanium, nice and light, thin, easy to wear. Kinda got bored with it.

I'm not a blingy kinda guy, but I was so smitten by the ceramic and gold look of this watch that I had to have it. My wife's got the ladies jubilee model with little diamonds on the 12, 3, 6, and 9.

My grandmother gave this watch to my grandfather in 1945. He wore it very often until his passing at the age of 50 in 1969. I was 4. I remember him. My mom saw fit to give me this well worn watch, amateurishly patched and soldered in spots, likely by my grandpa himself, after my grandma passed about 10 years ago. I've met a true craftsman who makes bands much like this, and I am tempted to have him restore it for me. Or maybe I'll just leave it be.

My wife gave me this Citizen after I got hooked on it's face. I thought it was so nice. She got it for me, and I, like a big baby, unwrapped it before she gave it to me just to see it's face. And she caught me in the act. I'll never forget that. I try to be patient now that I'm older. Oh wait. I'm still not good at it.

My dad used to wear this Benrus WristAlarm all the time, until it stopped keeping proper time. Instead of bringing it in for repair, he wore something else. I was a kid and happy to have it, since I always played with the buzzing alarm function of it. One day I'll bring it in for a new crystal and adjustment. It still works. The back says it needs to be opened via the crystal.

And finally, my grandpa on my dad's side used to wear this one all the time. When he passed, my grandma held onto it. When she passed, my dad gave it to me. I like it. An automatic Seiko, made in japan, and still works.

That's it for now.

ND
    Last edited by ND2007; June 3rd, 2007 at 22:39.
    Watches I've got:
    Oris TT1 Diver,
    Citizen Calibre 9000 minute repeater,
    Movado Eliro Chrono,
    Fortis Spacematic Day/Date,
    Tissot T-Touch Ti,
    Seiko Ti,
    Rado Couple
    Grandpa's early Seiko automatic,
    Dad's Benrus WristAlarm

Re: pics of some of my collection...

Very dynamic collection...... that one from your grandfather/grandmother is a really neat piece. Id opt for a restoration, though. Then maybe pass it onto your children.
    - Nick

Cars or Watches... that is the question!

Nice watches, like the new Seiko, very cool looking. I really really like that Fortis, very simple styling that has impact but that vintage Seiko automatic..... now that's a sweet watch man Get that lense polished out if they're just scratches, make that dial jump my friend!

Thanx for sharing, staying tuned for another show

Peace,
    Preston
    Omega, Tissot, Panerai, G-Shock, Timex, Swiss Army watch fan

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

I lik your Fortis, form follows funtion

Thanks folks

Thanks for the compliments. I am really enjoying the Fortis. It's very striking in its simplicity. That's what drew me to it.

The Seiko auto I got yesterday goes back to TJMaxx today. It's nice and all, but I'm not feelin' it. I know with time (no pun intended) it might appeal to me as much as it did when it was in the display case at the store, but now that I've tried to tell what time it is a few times, I realize it's a busy face and the hands are too close in color to the rest, so it's hard to read.

Maybe I'll come home with something else. Maybe I'll just wait until we hit the islands next week and see what they have. We're going on a celebratory cruise (I just graduated with an Associates in Science of Nursing, ND stands for Nurse Daddy). It'd be nice to come home with a watch to remind me of our celebration trip.

We shall see. The world awaits.

ND
    Watches I've got:
    Oris TT1 Diver,
    Citizen Calibre 9000 minute repeater,
    Movado Eliro Chrono,
    Fortis Spacematic Day/Date,
    Tissot T-Touch Ti,
    Seiko Ti,
    Rado Couple
    Grandpa's early Seiko automatic,
    Dad's Benrus WristAlarm