Please delete this Post
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please delete this Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please delete this Post

I will try to be polite but...I've had a watch trapped for 10 days now - the day it was to be delivered to me was the day Canada Post locked out their employees. The rotating strikes I could handle, things would be a day or so late, but this is crp. Not only am I unsure of the conditions in which it is being stored, but should there be a problem with the watch, surely I have lost any expectation of complaint to the seller. !..! the lot of them, back to Fedex. Apart from letting my Member of Parliament know that Canada Post has surely cost them any further business from me, I feel powerless. More a rant than a question, but maybe a Canadian lawyer is out there itching to sue a Crown Corporation...
    Last edited by cincinnatipaul; June 23rd, 2011 at 21:31.

Banned

Re: Suing Canada Post

Do not sue.
    You wil get the watch eventually, in perfect condition.

Suing will just cost you money. Minimum Jaeger leCoultre money, maybe even Patek Philippe money!!

That's hard on you...just keep your patience and distract yourself
    Watch list:

Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    , Tudor Black Bay Black Bezel eta, Tudor Pelagos LHD, Rolex Sea Dweller 16600

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I feel for you. That would totally suck.

If I were in your position, I would try to comfort myself by reminding myself that I'm in the company of a lot of people even worse off. You just have to wait for your watch and try to be patient. Meanwhile, there are people who are about to have their credit rating damaged because the payments they sent will now be late. There are people waiting for prescription meds that they already paid for, but will have to buy again --from a more expensive source-- because they can't just keep waiting. There are even bridezillas-to-be who aren't receiving their RSVPs in time. In short, as much as we love our watches, they are just toys afterall. It's worse for the people who have necessities trapped in the mail. Maybe you should sue, but in fairness you should get in line behind the litigants who are experiencing worse damages.

"...Apart from letting my Member of Parliament know that Canada Post has surely cost them any further business from me..." Huh? You live in Canada. So you're going to refuse postal service from now on? I'm not getting this statement...

It's only a watch. It's only 10 days. Try ordering a watch from Russia, you'd be lucky if they accepted the order after 10 days.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    "...Apart from letting my Member of Parliament know that Canada Post has surely cost them any further business from me..." Huh? You live in Canada. So you're going to refuse postal service from now on? I'm not getting this statement...

It's only a watch. It's only 10 days. Try ordering a watch from Russia, you'd be lucky if they accepted the order after 10 days.

he probably means no more custom shipments. but i get your point, kinda funny. and not really an 'inconvenience' for us priviliged here dealing in luxury goods, if it was medicine i might have more sympathy.

I have a watch that I shipped out to the US that's stuck at my local postal facility for the duration of the strike. I'm just thankful it made it to the distribution facility and that the American buyer is understanding of the situation and has said as long as it's not lost in the mail, I'm in no hurry.

Could be worse. At best, you can get in as part of a class action lawsuit. Maybe you'll get a few dollars back.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thats a good one - I must remember that.

I'm Canadian too buddy, and I have more important things than watches in limbo right now. There are no lawsuits, personal or Class, and you'll just have to tough it out like the rest of us: your personal debacle is stressful, no doubt, but there are single mothers, senior citizens, and a bevy of other individuals that aren't getting cheques they need (many of whom are un-banked, so no need to toss in the "get online banking" comments) to feed themselves or thier families, so beware of unwarranted self-importance. There are bigger problems than the delayed delivery of your watch to consider.

Not going to refuse service from them...going to refuse to use their service to mail packages. Also this watch WAS part of a larger deal that has now fallen through as a direct result of the delay. I am on the hook for the cash, which I can ill-afford, and cannot even resell the watch to cover my butt, because I don't have the watch. Oh well, at least I'll sleep better knowing there are so many people concerned about the welfare of the less fortunate, and I encourage you to maybe sell a few watches to help them out. This started out just as a way to vent some frustration; now I get lectures about priorities?
    Last edited by cincinnatipaul; June 24th, 2011 at 00:19.
    hidden by leaves likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information