Please help LEO find the right watch!!! (Looking for a certain function*)
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Please help LEO find the right watch!!! (Looking for a certain function*)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help LEO find the right watch!!! (Looking for a certain function*)

Hello everyone,

I am a big forum-goer as I enjoy the feedback, information, population, etc...It can often times be an easy route to information (versus spending a lot of money on a less attractive alternative!).

In short, I work in Law Enforcement and I am looking for a watch with a specific function.....I want a watch that can chime every 30 minutes....15 is even better but 30 is more realistic (since I understand this is a function many people do not desire).

I have a Marathon watch called an Adanac Navigator II but this thing is huge...It is/would be too easy for someone to grab my wrist by the watch and control my arm. Not such a big concern, for a vast majority of my day/shift but why not look for a smaller alternative if one is out there? I am looking for a reasonably sized watch (smaller than the aforementioned watch, if you are familiar with it) with a chime at least every 30 minutes (as the one I currently own has) and I would really prefer digital with the day of the week/numerical date of the week (but now I am just picking nits).

Money is less of an issue since the idea is that it will be a once, or twice, a lifetime purchase.

All assistance, advice, and time is appreciated.
    Last edited by Whitebrad25; December 30th, 2012 at 09:53.

Re: Please help LEO find the right watch!!! (Looking for a certain function*)

A Timex Ironman will do what you want... set the timer for 15 minutes (or 30, or whatever) and then set it to repeat and it will go off every 15 minutes until the battery dies or you turn it off.

Just out of curiosity, what do you need that feature for? I'm a police officer and can't think of any reason it would be useful, but I'm curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebrad25 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am a big forum-goer as I enjoy the feedback, information, population, etc...It can often times be an easy route to information (versus spending a lot of money on a less attractive alternative!).

In short, I work in Law Enforcement and I am looking for a watch with a specific function.....I want a watch that can chime every 30 minutes....15 is even better but 30 is more realistic (since I understand this is a function many people do not desire).

I have a Marathon watch called an Adanaz Navigator II but this thing is huge...It is/would be too easy for someone to grab my wrist by the watch and control my arm. Not such a big concern, for a vast majority of my day/shift but why not look for a smaller alternative if one is out there? I am looking for a reasonably sized watch (smaller than the aforementioned watch, if you are familiar with it) with a chime at least every 30 minutes (as the one I currently own has) and I would really prefer digital with the day of the week/numerical date of the week (but now I am just picking nits).

Money is less of an issue since the idea is that it will be a once, or twice, a lifetime purchase.

All assistance, advice, and time is appreciated.

Just curious, as a LEO, why would you want your watch to chime every 30mins? Couldn't that be a danger or distraction in your job? Say, on a building search or some other time whenever stealth is your friend?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

An OP that requires visuals at 15/30 minutes depending on post. I want to make absolutely sure I am GTG without having to stare at a clock or watch the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Just curious, as a LEO, why would you want your watch to chime every 30mins? Couldn't that be a danger or distraction in your job? Say, on a building search or some other time whenever stealth is your friend?
    Stealth is not required in a vehicle at distances that exceed 50-100 yards from any significant threat....Please don't just focus on the details of my work, I would really appreciate advice on my watch-specific question.

To better explain my specific tasks, I would liken it to surveillance.
    Last edited by Whitebrad25; December 30th, 2012 at 10:12.
    anothernewphone likes this.

A watch with that feature is most likely a relatively inexpensive digital or ana-digi anyway; as someone pointed out above, Timex Ironmans can do that kind of thing. I just checked the manual of my Casio and find it doesn't.

This Timex Expedition has the function you're looking for. You can set it to chime in desired time intervals. I bought mine several years ago, but I saw one at Wal-Mart not a long time ago for about $50.

There are iPhone apps that will do this. I am sure Android has similar apps.

Maybe you don't even need a watch that can do that. Get a Gymboss, stick it in your pocket, and set it to vibrate every so often. You could have it beep as well if you like constantly beeping things.

Timex Ironman Triathlon, T5H951. These are $35 at Wal-Mart and, as others have noted, include a countdown timer that can be set to whatever time interval you want and can repeat indefinitely. Cheap enough that you can buy two and keep a spare as a backup in case the first one breaks.

The case size is quite modest, the features are user-friendly, and the digits are extremely legible. Plus this particular model is in a blue and black color scheme that seems appropriate for an LEO.

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T5H591-Ironman-Traditional-30-Lap/dp/B000H6APZM/ref=sr_1_3?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1356887474&sr=1-3&keywords=Timex+ironman+triathlon
    Last edited by LesserBlackDog; December 30th, 2012 at 18:13.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information