Please help me!

Thread: Please help me!

Please help me!

I know this probably has been answered in many different places but I can't seem to find anything. I am a new member here and a brand new Orient Mako owner.

I just purchase the Orange Mako a few days ago. It came in the mail yesterday, I set the date and time and wore it all day. I woke up in the morning and my watch had gained 3 minutes. All day today As I periodically looked at my watch it seemed like it was gaining 15 seconds an hour! Is this normal for a brand new mechanical? Do I really have to send it in to the factory or can I just take it to a watch maker to have it regulated??

Thanks for any replies!

Re: Please help me!

return it and buy something else.
    Cheers,
    ~~~ Rick

Some folks would recommend that you wear the watch for a couple weeks and see if it "settles down" to a more acceptable level of inaccuracy. But you may want to communicate with the seller (or Orient) immediately and describe the situation to see if they just recommend sending it back immediately. It can be regulated with a visit to a watchmaker, but if it is new, then that should not be happening.
    Last edited by MediumRB; October 17th, 2015 at 04:42.
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Not Seiko: Parmigiania Tonda 1950, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Bell & Ross Space 3 GMT, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, IWC Cal. 89 (c. 1957), Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), Scurfa Diver One, G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7069 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), King Quartz 5855-5000 (1977), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984), SKX399K "Philippines"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Meanwhile, while you're waiting on it to 'settle down' (unlikely), your return period expires and you can't return. Or you bang it on a door jam and scratch it and you're really stuck with the watch. If I buy a new watch and the time is off that bad at the start, I'm not keeping it and probably don't want to try a replacement either.
    Cheers,
    ~~~ Rick

My money is on it being magnetized. I was most likely sitting close to something magnetic while in transit.
    Any half decent watch maker will have a demagnetizer and will take them 15 sec to demagnetize it.
    Alternatively get yourself one of these 10 bucks ones from ebay and you can do it yourself in 15 sec.

It is just a matter of time....

Oh, that's interesting! Didn't know they have such small de-magnetizers!

All new watches should meet a minumum specification out of the box and yours doesn't so return it to the seller and get another.

Thread Information