Please Help me Buy: Raymond Weil Nabucco Ref. 3800-SCF-05207
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 1 Post By PetrosD
  • 1 Post By ari.seoul

Thread: Please Help me Buy: Raymond Weil Nabucco Ref. 3800-SCF-05207

Question Please Help me Buy: Raymond Weil Nabucco Ref. 3800-SCF-05207

Hi WUS Members,

I need your help in pulling the trigger on a Raymond Weil Nabucco - I know a lot of us might not like RW but I am getting this one for a very good price and this would be my first RW. Plus, I don't really have issues with RW as a brand - I feel they make some quality watches.

I recently came across this piece on eBay which seems to be in great shape and has box/manual/papers and extra links (Seller yet to send pics of that). I have struck up a good price with the Seller subject to him providing all pictures and they being to my satisfaction.

The Seller is a US Seller and has 1,350+ 100% Positive feedback (Buy+Sell) on eBay and does not seem to be a cheat at all. But like I said, I am buying a RW for the first time and could really use the advice of our in-house watch experts on this.

My primary concern is whether or not this could be a fake. Second concern is that in both pics showing the face, the seconds hand has not moved - Its an automatic watch, shouldn't the hand have moved when taking pics? Would really appreciate any and all inputs - While the price is not very high, I would hate to land up with a fake or a lemon!

So far, he has provided me the below pics (Serial number is unclear - Have asked him for another pic with clear serial number):

Name:  RW-0.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  142.6 KBName:  RW-1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  52.2 KBName:  RW-03.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  146.4 KBName:  RW-01.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  119.3 KBName:  RW-02.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  111.1 KB

Re: Please Help me Buy: Raymond Weil Nabucco Ref. 3800-SCF-05207

Can’t be sure from those pics but I’d be a lot happier once the pics of the spare links and serial number come through.
    Neo-N likes this.

I'm no expert, but it looks legit. Once you get the missing pics you can then decide, but he does have good feedback.

I own 3 RW watches, although all are quartz. Build quality on RW watches is fantastic, so I really don't know why they seem to get less respect than FC. I've had two of them since 1997 and the third since 2009. The smallest, a 34mm Parsifal, is now worn by my wife and daughters.
    Neo-N likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I highly doubt they fake this Raymond Weil model, personally I'm not too concern about the authenticity.

But as you said, what about the watch itself, is it functioning well, how old is it, when was the last time the watch was serviced.
    I take it that it's a private seller/private sale? So I'm guessing no warranty? But if purchased through eBay, you are covered by eBay's buyer protection program.

There's also several of the same model, brand new, on eBay from an actual shop (not private sale) for approx 800 USD + shipping.

it's a nice looking watch.
    Neo-N likes this.

Got more pics. Looks legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information