Please help me decide on a watch to buy
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please help me decide on a watch to buy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Please help me decide on a watch to buy

Hi, I'm new here. I've been looking to buy an entry level luxury watch. I recently went to a bunch of watch stores and narrowed my list down to a few, but I'm having a lot of trouble deciding which one of them to buy.

The watches I'm looking at are:
    1. Tag Heuer carrera automatic chronograph tachymetre
    2. Tag Heuer carrera Calibre S laptimer
    3. Omega speedmaster date 3210.50
    4. Omega 'from the moon to mars' - not sure on what this model is called, but that's the inscription on the back.

They're all about the same price, and have the same look, the calibre S looks a little different though.

Can anybody here list the pros and cons of these watches.

Re: Please help me decide on a watch to buy

They'll list pros n cons ad infinitum.
    They'll dis the Tag's and swoon over the Omega's cuz that's just what they do, they can't help it.
    They're all nice watches, buy whichever you like best and can get the best deal on.
    Welcome to WUS.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

He is right, not a fan of Tag.
    Omega Speedmaster is a nice watch, dont see many people wearing one either, as usually it is a Seamaster.
    The moon to mars, is another Speedmaster, and yet another limited edition.
    Always worth something extra down the road if they dont make to many, and also a little more exclusive on your wrist. Just remember to save the box and all the papers, as it makes to watch worth much more later.
    Tragic was right though, they are all nice watches, and you will most likely be happy with any one of them. I just like Omega's

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

beshannon

What makes you think these four pieces are "entry level luxury watches"?

Enlighten me, what would these be classified as?
    Last edited by skan15; September 6th, 2009 at 13:51.

yeah, i'd pick omega by a wide margin. but that's just me. swooning.

beshannon

Quote Originally Posted by skan15 View Post
    Enlighten me, what would these be classified as?
    In my mind
    entry level luxury watch
    implies that the watch in question is at the starting point of a brand's manufacture. I am not sure that chronographs would be considered a starting point since they are complicated watches.

If you want a chronograph I would look at a Hamilton Jazzmaster or a Tissot Le Locle if you want entry level. Both Omega and Tag are higher up on the food chain than that.

Speedmaster

It seems like you posted this, wanting others' feedback instead of just "buy what you like", so I'll give you my thoughts

I'm a fan of Omega and I've had both an Omega and a Tag.

I like the classic look of the Speedmaster 3210.50 -- For me, that would be my first choice- It is the watch I'm most wanting right now, so I'm biased-

The Moon to the Mars limited edition may hold value for being LE, but it looks like Speedmasters are always held in high regard when it comes to 2nd hand pricing.. For me, I don't quite like the looks of this MtoM version-

The Tags look great but I love the Speedmaster... You can't go wrong unless you buy something you later regret (I think I'd regret the MtoM Speedmaster since I like the classic look of the original better, but that's just me-).

Re: Speedmaster

I'd probably pick option #3 - Omega speedmaster, model 3210.50. While I think all are good choices, I'd probably pick Omega over Tag. I like the model 3210.50 because I believe it's water resistant to 100 meters and has a sapphire crystal (the limited edition version listed above, I believe, has a hesalite crystal and is only H20 resistant to 50 meters).

The big knock on TAGs is that most wis' here think they're overpriced, and marketed, (read HYPED) to an unknowing public. They seem decent watches, so buy what you get the best deal on.

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information