Please help a newbie

Thread: Please help a newbie

Please help a newbie

Hello guys,

Utter newbie here. Any help would be appreciated.

I wanted to get this watch for my wife:

Tag Heuer Women's WAH1315.BA0868 Formula 1 Stainless Steel Sport Watch with Diamonds

The price on amazon seem to flutuate between 1400-1550.

I was wondering if you guys can recommend a reliable place I can buy this very watch. It needs to be genuine (of course), with a decent waranty, and as low of price as possible.

I tried to look on the forum but was just overwhelmed with the amount of info.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Please help a newbie

Hello and welcome to the forum. This watch seems to be available new from multiple grey market sellers (including on Amazon), but be aware that you will not get the full Tag Heuer warranty if you go this route. You will instead get the seller's own warranty which for all intents and purposes is pretty much worthless. If warranty is important to you, you will need to buy the watch from a Tag Heuer AD and negotiate the best discount you can. I have not bought a Tag from an AD in years so I cannot tell you what kind of discount you can expect, but I would imagine 20-25% off MSRP would not be unreasonable. Hope this helps.

Creation Watches shows that model as being in stock though what Nessun says about the warranty is true.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xxyikesxx2 View Post
    I was wondering if you guys can recommend a reliable place I can buy this very watch. It needs to be genuine (of course), with a decent waranty, and as low of price as possible.
    I'm afraid the classic phrase applies: You can have 2 out of 3 of your requirements, but not all 3.

I think retail for this watch at an AD (authorized distributor) is $1750, which gets you the decent warranty. If you're ok paying $1500, I'd be astounded if you couldn't get one at an AD for that. $1400 or better if you're a good negotiator.

Watchmaxx has it in stock for $1310, but that's with a "Watchmaxx" warranty. I'm not sure what their warranty is worth, or if they're a well-thought-of grey market dealer, I don't have experience with them.

Also, If you tell us your metro area, someone likely can point you to a local shop (AD or otherwise).
    Last edited by Tommywine0; February 2nd, 2018 at 19:52.

I guess I'm ok with a grey market dealer and forego the the AD warranty. As for Watchmaxx, i've been reading some horror stories with them (it's actually how I stumbled onto this forum). Is there a section here that list reputable grey market dealer? Last thing I want to do is buy a fake/broken. I'm in the NY/NJ area by the way.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xxyikesxx2 View Post
    I guess I'm ok with a grey market dealer and forego the the AD warranty. As for Watchmaxx, i've been reading some horror stories with them (it's actually how I stumbled onto this forum). Is there a section here that list reputable grey market dealer? Last thing I want to do is buy a fake/broken. I'm in the NY/NJ area by the way.

Thanks.
    Jomashop is always a decent bet. You will find some negative stories, but you will get that for any business. Overall they're not bad and you're pretty much guaranteed the watch will be genuine and BNIB. Personally I have purchased a Raymond Weil watch from them in your price range and had an excellent experience. I also believe they are located in the NYC area. Let us know what you decide and send us a wrist shot when you give your wife her present!!

Its always good to deal local and if you can eyeball the guy you always tend to get a better after service
    I wish i could think of something funny to put here.

You'll always hear some horror stories, but most are related to service. As noted, it's always an issue. Also remember that some peoples' expectations are...let's say, not necessarily realistic. I always discount a certain degree of negativism, and remember that *all* reviews need to be checked.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Thread Information