pls help. Is this Oris artelier complicated worth it?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: pls help. Is this Oris artelier complicated worth it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I've seen a used example of this model 7546 for sale for £375. Looks to be in good used condition from a high street retailer. Light scratches on steel casing etc. Is it worth it? Is it a good watch/movement?

Re: pls help. Is this Oris artelier complicated worth it?

Yes, and it depends how you define "worth".

i.e. Is it a good quality watch for the money? Would I be better off buying a new auto from a lower end Japanese brand?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Whether the watch is worth the asking price really depends on whether you like the design and whether the watch fits. We really can't appraise a watch over the internet which is what you are asking about the price. Visit closed Ebay auctions for similar Oris Complication models for an idea about current price.

Oris has made the Complication design under several models for at least 20 years and it has proven to be very popular. I enjoy an Oris XXL Complication that shares the same basic dial layout and complications as the Artelier although many design details are different. I love it. You may want to ask if the watch has been serviced recently. The Artelier series has been out long enough that the early models are probably coming up for a service that would run $400 in the US.
    Last edited by John MS; August 2nd, 2014 at 00:14.

The Oris brand is decent for its price point.

I think purchasing any Oris second hand, you get tremendous value for your money.

If you like the watch, at that price you can't go wrong.

Just as an example, I have the Navitimer Olympus made back in 02-05 with the exact same complications

However, it would cost you about $4K to pick up the Navi Olympus today.

Name:  IMG_0748.JPG
Views: 596
Size:  186.9 KB
    Last edited by Justin Stacks; August 2nd, 2014 at 04:16.
    DanOmega, dbostedo and Dienekes like this.
    Present: ROLEX Hulk Submariner, Pepsi GMT 16750 & 2T Datejust 1601 * PANERAI Radiomir PAM183 * IWC Ingenieur Mission Earth * BREITLING Navitimer Olympus * SEIKO Orange Monster * TISSOT PRC200 * SWATCH '86 Lancelot

Past: BREITLING Super Avenger (Sold)
    * OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean XL (Sold) * SEVENFRIDAY P3-1 (Sold) * SEIKO Black Monster (Traded) & Fifty-Five Fathoms Mod (Sold) * HAMILTON '60 Masterpiece Thin-o-matic (Sold)

Hunting:
    AP RO 15400

The Grail (Someday): Patek Philippe Aquanaut

Time is too precious to measure with a cheap watch * The greatest luxury in life is time. Savour every second.

Yes. Nice watch.

if it's legit, absolutely. great watch. great brand. worth more than 375 pounds, anyway.
    I've spent my money on women, whisky and watches. The rest I just wasted.

Based in South east asia, travelling between

I found the complications model movement to be not as good than the normal ETA 2824. Mine ran +15s/ day and hard to wind due to smallish rotor.
    Last edited by Crunchy; August 2nd, 2014 at 05:39. Reason: spell
    W.A.S. Watch Acquisition Syndrome Patient.

Well, I went to see it in person and it's gorgeous. It's this model with stunning dial colour. It felt amazing on and comes with a 12 month guarantee and has been serviced. There are however two faults - a small scratch on the sapphire and it needs a new strap. The Oris website says it's 21mm lug width. How much is a good quality leather strap with deployment clasp? Had a quick google and could'nt find anything. Any pointers anyone please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches View Post
    Well, I went to see it in person and it's gorgeous. It's this model with stunning dial colour. It felt amazing on and comes with a 12 month guarantee and has been serviced. There are however two faults - a small scratch on the sapphire and it needs a new strap. The Oris website says it's 21mm lug width. How much is a good quality leather strap with deployment clasp? Had a quick google and could'nt find anything. Any pointers anyone please?
    I'd personally recommend finding a high quality compatible replacement strap from a third party, if you don't plan on selling it soon or ever... Only because I haven't particularly liked the strap quality in the past (for the cost).

I think something like [horween] shell cordovan would wear and age very nicely... If you can find something compatible.
    Last edited by NicoB; August 2nd, 2014 at 22:53. Reason: Mobile related typos

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information