Poll: What price limit are you comfortable to wear as an everyday watch?

View Poll Results: What price limit are you comfortable to wear as an everyday watch?

Voters
133. This poll is closed
  • up to $100

0 0%
  • up to $200

3 2.26%
  • up to $300

3 2.26%
  • up to $400

3 2.26%
  • up to $500

5 3.76%
  • up to $600

5 3.76%
  • up to $700

0 0%
  • up to $800

1 0.75%
  • up to $900

0 0%
  • up to $1000

8 6.02%
  • up to $1200

3 2.26%
  • up to $1400

3 2.26%
  • up to $1600

2 1.50%
  • up to $1800

0 0%
  • up to $2000

6 4.51%
  • up to $2500

5 3.76%
  • up to $3000

2 1.50%
  • up to $4000

1 0.75%
  • up to $5000

14 10.53%
  • greater than $5000

69 51.88%
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Poll: What price limit are you comfortable to wear as an everyday watch?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Question Poll: What price limit are you comfortable to wear as an everyday watch?

I see some beautiful watches on this forum, but some I would not want to wear as an everyday watch.
    I might be comfortable wearing them as a dress watch for dinner/occasions but not everyday.
    I would be worried they might be damaged, lost, stolen, swept overboard a boat, sucked up into a tornado...
    Ok maybe I wouldn't be that worried, but you get the point...

Now the limit at which people might become uncomfortable wearing a watch everyday/frequently will undoubtedly be different for each person.
    Factors influencing that limit might include the person's attitude to risk, their disposable income, the quality of their insurance policy, etc.

So as a quick game, I thought we might experiment and see if we get a normal distribution on this, or whether there is a bias towards a particular price point due to the classy people we get on this forum

A good check is to ask yourself - what value watch do you wear as your everyday now? Would you be comfortable going much higher than that?

Vote away!

RDK

Re: Poll: What price limit are you comfortable to wear as an everyday watch?

If it's not too expensive to buy, it's not too expensive to wear

Where's the poll by the way?
    bacari, Rdenney, drhr and 2 others like this.
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50.00

You were too quick for me - I was still filling in the options on the poll part of the post

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RDK View Post
    y?
    Exactly

RDK

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo83 View Post
    You were too quick for me - I was still filling in the options on the poll part of the post
    Time flies
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50.00

I've ticked $5000 because I think that is roughly what an AT now costs. Mine was an engagement present from my wife so I would feel bad not using it. I am a criminal lawyer so I am at court a lot but it generally doesn't pull too many glances as it is usually at least partially covered by suit or shirt cuffs and I happily wear it on leather or bracelet.
    Omega - Aqua Terra 8500
    Frederique Constant - Slimline Moonphase Manufacture
    C Ward - C60 Trident-Pro

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject - Sir W S Churchill

Crossing a street is a "risk"......But I do hold my left arm over my head,if I get hit by
    a car the watch might be safe. I know your next question, buses, we don't have any.....
    Apollo83 and Der Amf like this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by RDK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in TCI View Post
    Exactly
    For you guys maybe.
    For others, we might not be as comfortable wearing our PP Calatrava to the gym...

I'm thinking it will be different for everyone.
    For some any watch in their collection is ok for everyday risks.
    For others they might reserve their more expensive watches for special occasions...

Another factor influencing that might be the difference in what happens to each person 'everyday'.
    A lumberjack might have a different daily experience (read: level of risk to watch) to a marketing executive.
    For the marketing guy every day might be 'dress-up day'...
    Last edited by Apollo83; October 23rd, 2013 at 14:05.

I have only one 'nice' watch, an Oris, and Ive worn it almost every day since I purchased it. The only times Ive worn my beater watches have been when I was expecting a lot of physical activity. When I buy another 'nice' watch, I intend to wear it as much as possible as well. My feeling is, unless the watch is an investment, the only way you get your money's worth is to wear it as much as possible.
    Der Amf likes this.

Inactive

Depends on where I work and how I commute. If I still lived in Brooklyn where I typically took the subway home sometimes late at night I wouldn't wear an expensive watch or dress flashy at all, I would probably wear a G-Shock or some cheap thing daily. But now that I live in the exurbs and drive to work I would wear what I can afford, for now that's up to $1000 for a watch.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information