POP UPS!!!!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ken_sturrock
  • 2 Post By CSG
  • 1 Post By Sinquil
  • 1 Post By Strange

Thread: POP UPS!!!!

POP UPS!!!!

So I log onto watchuseek and I get a pop up that wants to install PCspeedboost , WTH. I am not sure I am liking the new regime.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Re: POP UPS!!!!

Yeah... and I just logged on and my Anti-malware blocked something called gzipbomb, which is apparently some sort of software that runs adware.

Be VERY careful, new owners, lest you alienate and lose your members.

Yeah. I get ads in tapatalk too! Not sure if related to new management, but new all the same.
    I stopped using desktop as the ads are unbearable, plus Google target ads from previous Google searches. It started long before this management though... I think the revenue raised is just to hard to ignore.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

First time ever I just had a full screen ad overtake my screen on this site.
    This is now a Veda thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeLookingBoutiqueSh View Post
    First time ever I just had a full screen ad overtake my screen on this site.
    Well, the Tapatalk people have done that for a long time on WUS if you dare to use a mobile browser. It's like running an obstacle course of sneaky "Install Tapatalk? Yes or (Not) No" kind of things.

I understand that it costs money to run WUS and I have, in the past, clicked on advertisements. I also try to do business with sponsors and would also be willing to subscribe to WUS (yes, yes, I know..... I'm in the minority.) Unfortunately, over the years, WUS advertisements have gotten bigger, more numerous, creepier and more obnoxious. The advertisements also have a history of going haywire. I realize that the WUS advertisement system is complicated because a third party is involved in running the advertisements but someone needs to restore balance to the force....
    Last edited by ken_sturrock; October 20th, 2014 at 01:38.
    Rusty427 likes this.

CSG

Without Adblock, I wouldn't be here. The new owners are making some fundamental errors in what they think the membership will accept. Maybe their goal is to drive off old members (I noticed a number of bans of members that criticized them so maybe they'll ban me too) and hope to get lots of new and not very knowledgeable members who will be susceptible to advertising of so-so products, services, and brands. Plenty of other good watch forums out there.
    Rusty427 and brandon\ like this.

You would think that the Add sponsors would understand that if an add is annoying, no one is going to order anything from them. This in-your-face stuff is annoying as hell. I would never order anything from someone who acts that way. But maybe they think differently.
    Popoki Nui likes this.

Even with adblock on, I did notice an increased amount of blank Advertisement posts between replies lately.

I understand the need to monetize the site but there's a fine line between that and losing your readers.

Whenever you see ads that annoy you make a note of the business being advertised. Contact that business and tell that under no circumstances will they see a penny of your money unless and until they knock it off with the obnoxious ads. One complaint won't do a thing but if enough people complain sooner or later they'll have to listen.
    Popoki Nui likes this.
    I am Dyslexia of Borg. Futility is resistant. Your ass will be laminated.

Reported to the admin guys. Gonna close this till they have an opportunity to chime in and thanks for bringing it to attention.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Thread Information