Porsche Design P'6310 Flat Six

Thread: Porsche Design P'6310 Flat Six

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Porsche Design P'6310 Flat Six

Hello, I picked this up back in December and have just now gotten a chance to take some pics of the watch. Porsche Design watches used to be made by IWC, but now are produced exclusively be Eterna.

I saw this watch at the Porsche Design store in Boston, MA and knew right away that I needed to get one. Porsche Design does not have a really big WIS following at this point, but the watches are outstanding quality so perhaps that will change in the future.

Here is the description from the official website:

"The Flat Six series derives its name from the six-cylinder Boxer engines which played a major role in establishing the world-wide reputation of the Porsche name. The ETA 2892-A2 auto-mechanism of the Automatic ensures absolute precision. Power unit: Porsche Design Rotor System. Date display and 42-hour power reserve guarantee permanent accuracy. Index markings and figures have a luminous coating. Case: Stainless steel, matt and polished. Cambered, scratch-resistant and non-reflecting sapphire glass. Case back fastened with six screws.

Height: 10.5 mm
    Case: 44 millimeter diameter
    Waterproof: To a depth of 120 m"

Now onto the pics

This dial color is call Titanium by PD...I would describe it as more of a putty color though. Black and Red dials are also available in this model. Notice the date wheel color matches the dial

The movement is nicely decorated. Accuracy is top notch as well clocking in at +2 secs a day which is well within COSC specs.

This watch comes either on an integrated bracelet or rubber strap. I really did not care much for the bracelet design so that is why I went with the rubber. I know some people will frown on this design because it prevents strap changes, but I have to say that the integrated strap really works here and it looks like the watch was made for that.

The butterfly deployant works well, although the polished parts are real scratch magnets. I may end up brushing the polished parts eventually

Signed crown and ribbed case sides

LUME shots! Lume looks really cool on this one. It looks like they used C1 lume on it though so sadly the staying power is not that great

Let me know what you think...

Re: Porsche Design P'6310 Flat Six

Very nice.. I owned the chrono version with the concealed pushers briefly however I had issues with the movement and eventually sold it. How about a wrist shot?

Nice looking watch! Congratulations. Some people put down the Porsche Designs as trick watches. But, those are Eterna timepieces. They are of excellent quality and fit and finish. Top notch.

My Heritage Chrono salutes you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PyroLume View Post
    Very nice.. I owned the chrono version with the concealed pushers briefly however I had issues with the movement and eventually sold it. How about a wrist shot?
    I forgot to take a wrist shot However, I have incoming in the next couple of days that I want to take pics of right away so I can take a wrist shot then when I set that up.

i personally love it. not crazy about the brand name, but i love it. Ive read the history behind the brand, and i respect them for that, but id still have it say Eterna...

But i cant lie, that is one beautiful piece! something that can be worn for any occasion. Enjoy it !

Pretty cool and looks very versatile. Bit Swatch-like but it's cool. Enjoy...

Banned

Sorry, but I like the odler chronos better. And their aviator sunglasses are nice.

Man do I dig that thing!!!!!!!

Very nice - has an $ look to it - sharp dial color.

Nice. I think the date wheel background matching the dial color is a very nice touch. Decorated movement looks great, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information