WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is it possible to replace a stock 7mm ETA 2824 Watch Crown with a aftermarket 6mm eta 2824 Crown?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lysanderxiii 
#1 ·
Hi, I just recently purchased a Dive watch, has an eta 2824-2 movt inside.. It's a robust watch ( Pseudo Ruhla ). The stock crown which comes with the watch is a 7mm Crown.. Recently I was online looking at some other members photo's of the same watch, and one guy had replaced the crown with a 6mm Trip lock crown..
I don't want to put a trip lock crown on the watch.. But I loved the look of the 6mm Crown, it gave the watch a much slimmer looking profile, currently the crown extend's beyond the crown gaurd's which looks rather funny to me.. With the 6mm Crown it appears more flush with the guards.. Is it possible to order a eta 2824
6mm crown set on ebay, and have a jeweler replace the stock crown with it?

#2 ·
With screw down crowns the threads on the crown govern the interchangeability.

Chances are you will have to change the case tube with the crown, what case tubes fit varies as the size hole in the case; it can be anywhere from 2.0 mm to 3.0 mm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.