Post Number 1,000

Thread: Post Number 1,000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Number 1,000

Well, a quick review of my previous posts shows that about 11.9489% of them have actually been thoughtful and helpful. I hope the remaining posts have been encouraging, affirming, enabling, ego-enhancing, and fun.
    I really appreciate all of you, and have a great time here on WUS. I've been into watches for as long as I can remember, and seeing all the beautiful pieces you post here, learning from you, and sharing in your passion and excitement has been a real joy.
    :thanks
    Last edited by Caraptor; April 9th, 2010 at 03:54.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Re: Number 1,000

Well done. An acheivement indeed.

I can't help but notice that your grail fund fluctuates. What are you saving for?

v76

Congrats, dude! Jolly good show, old chap!
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by interested_party View Post
    I can't help but notice that your grail fund fluctuates. What are you saving for?

Depressing isn't it? It fluctuates, because I keep bumping it up. I'm saving for that one "nice" watch. I have several candidates, and I set a goal that would get me into the grey market for my most expensive option. I may give up before that point, however, and go with something cheaper on my short list.

I thought it would be fun to keep track of my savings with a little ticker below my signature. That way, when I finally land "the big one" my fellow WIS will have followed me along on this journey. (Unfortunately, it's going to be a LOOOOONG journey).

You will obviously see it continue to fluctuate as either:
    1) My fund grows
    2) I give up on my more expensive choices and set my sights a little lower
    3) After having set my sights lower, I change my mind and aim high again
    4) I end up raiding the grail fund for other expenses
    Last edited by Caraptor; April 9th, 2010 at 04:08.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Sounds familiar. Although, you seem to have more patience than I have. I usually save up some money then buy something well short of anything great.

Quote Originally Posted by interested_party View Post
    Sounds familiar. Although, you seem to have more patience than I have. I usually save up some money then buy something well short of anything great.
    I've been doing that (buying well short of anything great) for years. I'm tired of it. I'm not a collector. How many average watches does a guy need anyway? Don't answer that! I'm at the point now where I don't want to keep buying everything except what I really want. Strange as it sounds, I'm content with the watches I have, and so now I want to focus on saving for that one great one--something to keep for the long haul and maybe pass on one day. If I had been saving this whole time instead of buying those Timexes and G-Shocks here, those Seikos and Citizens there, I would probably already have the money for that one nice grail.
    I want to do my best to go for it this time.
    Grail or bust!
    Caraptor

Re: Post Number 1,000

Quote Originally Posted by Caraptor View Post
    Well, a quick review of my previous posts shows that about 11.9489% of them have actually been thoughtful and helpful.....
    :thanks
    And 42.8769112549017% have been the most boring. Ever.

Congrats on your 1000! WUS is a better place for having you aboard.

PS- how's the weeds?
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

That's great! Congrats, mate.

(and I'm sure more than 11% of your posts have been helpful )

Keep on posting, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Popoki Nui View Post
    And 42.8769112549017% have been the most boring. Ever.

Grats on your 1k, mate.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Congrats on 1K!

Now, you may be able to put that "S" to "WI".

Though for me, it is still "WI".

Anyways, problem with single Grail is that you will in variably HAVE to end up with a sport watch since they are most versatile for all occasions..

I like to rock some appropriate watches.. Right now, dressy watch is lacking from my collection and Speedy Pro is subbing.. I would love to get Longines soon so that I will have something dressy.

Of course, I guess you can sport Blancpain FF in ALL occasions sporty or otherwise.. Hmmmm.. Idea is brewing in my head.
    Chronic flipper...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information