Post Office Sandal (ala VA Scandal) With a Recent Watch Purchase
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Post Office Sandal (ala VA Scandal) With a Recent Watch Purchase

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Office Sandal (ala VA Scandal) With a Recent Watch Purchase

OK this is a bit convoluted, so I'll use bullet points:

- I recently bought a watch, shipped USPS overnight with SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION and INSURANCE
    - The day I was supposed to receive it, I get a notice that it was DELIVERED. However, there was no delivery.
    - There was a signature confirmation that could be emailed to me, however the recipient was no one in the neighborhood, and there was NO SIGNATURE!
    - I called my post office the next day, dumbfounded that a package was delivered signature-confirmed - but the package wasnt there and there was no signature!
    - Post office lady then asked me to wait for another day
    - Sure enough the package arrived that day, but dropped off (no signature)

Now, this could be nothing other than the post office trying to show better delivery metrics than actual performance (ala the VA scandal). They pre-sign an overnight package to show that it was delivered, but really deliver it the next day. I've recently experienced other variations of this, such as supposedly a delivery was attempted and a notice was left when I was in the house the whole day and no notice was left at my door. Package would then be delivered the next day.

I could care less about USPS performance metrics, but how does it concern us at WUS? Well obviously, if a package is lost and you have a bogus signature confirmation - you would be out of what could be an expensive watch, and no insurance to claim! Also, we all know that Amazon, Ebay and your credit card companies rely primarily on shipping tracking information when there are disputes.

Action item: as of today, I have stopped using USPS for big-ticket purchases.

I am dumbfounded!

Re: Post Office Sandal (ala VA Scandal) With a Recent Watch Purchase

Fairly common. UPS does that routinely, at least they did for our office until I spoke with a friend who is at Corporate - it has since stopped. The only delivery agent that hasn't pulled that stuff with us is FedEx. The one time they were going to miss their delivery window they called, explained, and then had a supervisor bring it out in a little truck.
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

Unfortunately, these things happen with all shipping providers. Any time you have humans involved you can have errors or intentional "errors". The final leg delivery issues seem to vary a lot from location to location. I am lucky to have what appear to be "professional" delivery people for all three majors but I have lived in places where it was better to avoid one provider.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, had a nightmare experience with a Dutch delivery company....first and last time with them.
    I don't care if your airplane crashes in a hurricane!! I want my package!
    Donf and Armchair like this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Here in Spain if it is send by special mail(ie express mail, signed for......etc) You have to show you national identity card, sign off with signature and NIC number. Even with packages from USPS. Only standard mail is without signature.

BTW seeing all those youtube clips about deliveries gone wrong: All Postal Companies should rise their min. wage!(So they can afford watches to deliver on TIME)
    Last edited by MisterHo; July 31st, 2014 at 20:41.
    ev13wt likes this.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Gràcies and R.I.P Johan.

I've had delivery confirmation (though none with insurance) packages via USPS do that three times. They always arrived the next day without me calling. I like USPS, but if I really need something to arrive in a certain time without any damage, I usually go UPS or Fedex. I've never had any damaged objects via those two (though I've also had the USPS thing happen once each with them, but never overnight). The only companies I've not had this with are OnTrac and DHL, but the volume that goes through them is too small for me to consider it a fluke. That said, even three times via USPS is minuscule considering all I use them for.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Swatch | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon |
    Waiting to be on deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    I don't care if your airplane crashes in a hurricane!! I want my package!
    That would probably be considered force majeure and as such would probably absolve the carrier of any legal responsibility for the lost package. Which would of course suck like a Hoover.
    Domo likes this.
    I am Dyslexia of Borg. Futility is resistant. Your ass will be laminated.

Not exactly a scandal... You got your watch.

Did the shipper waive signature requirement regardless of what he said he would do?

IDK, but recently I've had trouble with USPS......

Recently purchased a strap from Kenny (Freda Watch Straps).....tracking showed "out for delivery".....still shows that over a month later & strap never got here.

Then this past week I ordered 2 NATO straps & I'm still waiting. Tracking show it left the main sorting facility here in Miami at 12:40am Last Sunday......I've emailed USPS, but no response, even though they say I'd get one within 24hrs.....

IDK what's going on with them, but I'm really disappointed.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

I've had some trouble with ups leaving my packages at the door when I'm not home. They're supposed to leave them in the office. I ordered a game worn nhl Jersey and went out of town for a week. Came back to find it sitting on my doorstep for who knows how long.

I was afraid they'd do the same with a watch I ordered recently but they didn't. It had this label on it.

I wish they did that for everything.
    broudie likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information