THE PRACTICAL PERK OF A GRAIL IS A GIFT, in any case, merry xmas, mates

Thread: THE PRACTICAL PERK OF A GRAIL IS A GIFT, in any case, merry xmas, mates

THE PRACTICAL PERK OF A GRAIL IS A GIFT, in any case, merry xmas, mates

I think the reason some of us really like watches is that after we marvel at their mechanical brilliance, it's really how beautiful, handsome, perfect we find the watch to be, aesthetically; the small details that only we find, that make it something more than just beautiful--which is a gussied up generic...beautiful?; "it speaks to you;" these are the words we say when we fumble towards our grail watches, along with "does it sing to you?" A bit of Odysseus and the Sirens there.

Then we're snapped back to reality--most intensely now, these holidays--when our children are arguing in the back seat "who started it," we take a quick peak at this art on our wrist when perhaps it's night and an ambulance screams by in the other lane and it's red and yellow lights mix it up with your crazy lume and show your watch to you in a whole new way.

Re: THE PRACTICAL PERK OF A GRAIL IS A GIFT, in any case, merry xmas, mates

Beautiful, just beautiful!! Bravo! We are insane aren't we!?!?
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

Quote Originally Posted by Sean779 View Post
    I think the reason some of us really like watches is that after we marvel at their mechanical brilliance, it's really how beautiful, handsome, perfect we find the watch to be, aesthetically; the small details that only we find, that make it something more than just beautiful--which is a gussied up generic...beautiful?; "it speaks to you;" these are the words we say when we fumble towards our grail watches, along with "does it sing to you?" A bit of Odysseus and the Sirens there.

Then we're snapped back to reality--most intensely now, these holidays--when our children are arguing in the back seat "who started it," we take a quick peak at this art on our wrist when perhaps it's night and an ambulance screams by in the other lane and it's red and yellow lights mix it up with your crazy lume and show your watch to you in a whole new way.

Well put, Sean779.

@ 2BATTRANGER: According to Albert Einstein's definition of insanity, we may just as well be! But, I find that I DO learn some small detail that I haven't realized even after dwelling on the watch for so long before.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean779 View Post

Wonderfully put! And yes we are nuts, cause you have to be nuts about watches to appreciate the OP!

Thread Information