Precisionist ..... 365 Days Later
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Precisionist ..... 365 Days Later

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Precisionist ..... 365 Days Later

I've had my Bulova Precisionist for just over a year now. Over that time, I've only adjusted the date each month. I had never adjusted the time to reflect daylight savings time just to see if its accuracy would hold up to its advertised 10 sec/year. I wear the watch about for a few hours a couple of days a week (usually on weekends, in the pool, yardwork, etc.).

So how did the watch perform??

An astounding +5 seconds over 365 days. It was running about +2 seconds until the heat wave hit this past summer.

Conclusion? A quartz watch with a continuous sweeping movement and accuracy that would make the best of them envious. And less than 500 bucks to boot.

oh yeah...the obligatory pic of the watch..

Name:  IMG_0171b.JPG
Views: 782
Size:  79.9 KB
    CitizenM, nezoki, gaijin and 6 others like this.

Re: Precisionist ..... 365 Days Later

Stellar performance. It is another example of why highly accurate quartz watches do not have to cost a lot of money.
    CitizenM likes this.

I have the exact same watch, have had it for a little longer than you, and have had equally stellar performace from it over that time. Case is great too - nice big size, but does not wear overly huge, and is remarably light thanks to the full TI - which is nicely displayed in a well-finshed combination of satinized and polished surfaces.

My only complaint was with that truly awful nylon strap with the grommets, with a somewhat dissapointing buckle, but as a strapmaker, I finally found the time to take care of that properly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow, that beats my Seikos, nice! Will they bring them out in conservative cases, though? The current ones don't float my boat.

Thanks for posting this information.

I had one when they first came out and now I sort of miss it... I wish they'd come out with some more...restrained...designs though. I like the technology even though I'm not a big quartz fan in general. Here's a review I did of mine Bulova Precisionist Review - webWatchWorld and a video so you can see the sweep of the movement:

enkidu likes this.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Awesome. I hope Citizen uses this technology combined with eco drive somehow, then it needs a perpetual calendar. If Citizen puts those three together, I'm totally sold on getting one. I'd still like a Precionist, but because it's not a perpetual calendar, the added accuracy doesn't mean much to me.

But it's still really cool. And one of the better looking precionist models I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    Awesome. I hope Citizen uses this technology combined with eco drive somehow, then it needs a perpetual calendar. If Citizen puts those three together, I'm totally sold on getting one. I'd still like a Precionist, but because it's not a perpetual calendar, the added accuracy doesn't mean much to me.

But it's still really cool. And one of the better looking precionist models I might add.
    All those features ... and I'll go you one better - an independent hour hand so it is not necessary to stop the watch to transition to/from DST.

Maybe a GMT hand, Day as well as Date, chronograph ... fertile ground for those Citizen design nerds
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

v76

That is awesome! I remember your post telling us you'd got it ... pity I can't seem to find it anywhere in Europe.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post

Citizen has pledged that the movement will never be in a Citizen watch; it will remain exclusive to Bulova. Whether or not they'll modify a Bulova to use solar power remains to be seen.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Very Cool :D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information