Preferred Number of Watches for a Rotation
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Preferred Number of Watches for a Rotation

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Preferred Number of Watches for a Rotation

Just curious what others feel is their preferred number of watches to wear on a rotation. Though I have a collection of 6 watches I personally find myself only rotating between any 2 at a given time. For me I seem to only keep any 2 watches running at any given time. The other 4 are sitting my watch box not running until my temperament changes and I switch one from the box to my rotation. Curious as to what others on the forum do?
    In my job you either get it right or suddenly it’s not your problem anymore

Re: Preferred Number of Watches for a Rotation

Very similar to you. I wear a DateJust (or more recently a 114200 Air King, last of the 34mm) to the office Monday to Friday, and a Submariner No Date Ceramic at weekends. Once a month or so I will wear a vintage watch for a day, or on the odd weekend I will wear a Polar Explorer 2, but I doubt if that has been worn more than 2 days this year.

Habit I guess.
    Woolrich likes this.

I have a dozen. Dress watches are worn less than others because I have few dressy occasions but nevertheless I’ll take them out from time to time just to exercise them for a couple of days. The others I’ll wear for between five and ten consecutive days, changing them on the basis of ‘what do I fancy wearing next’ basis when I open the watch box. No watches are kept running whilst not on the wrist.
    G550 (retd.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thinking about it now, Ill divide my 10 watches into 3 tiers:

Tier 1 - 3 watches that I wear the most, and see the most wrist time; I switched between them base on my mood.
    Tier 2 - 4 watches, they get 1 week wrist time on average when I miss them.
    Tier 3 - 3 watches, they go for a long time without wrist time; those are gifted watches that Ill keep them around for that reason and never let go.
    kepa and ffritz like this.
    In order I have obtained
    > Seiko Chronograph SNA013P The Great Blue l Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Rosso Corsa l Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue Monte Carlo
    Seiko 5 SNXF01K1 Silver Fox l Seiko 5 - SNKP21J1 Middle East Edition l Longines Heritage 180th Anniversary Chrono
    Omega - Speedmaster Pro Project Alaska l G-Shock - G-9000MX-8 Mudman l Seiko Prospex SRPB51J1 Samurai
    Grand Seiko SBGJ227 Peacock l G-Shock GMWB5000GD-9

My Reviews: Eulit Perlon Strap / Tudor Rubber Strap - Vanguard

I think 8 watches is my sweet spot. I'm at 14-16 right now and hope to get back to 8 someday... maybe...
    I'll switch watches multiple times a day.
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators
    and a few guilty pleasures...

Dress Watches Casual Watches Sport Watches Rotators
    High A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Up/Down Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Breguet Classique Chronograph 3237
    Low Cartier Tank Basculante Heuer Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3111 Longines Legend Diver no-date Ralph Lauren Slim 867 White Gold

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

Until very recently, 3 on regular rotation (core collection), 2 for variety/infrequent use (once or twice a month), and another 2 for for very specific purposes (gym and at home). Just added a 4th for regular rotation.

However, I feel that if I kept my Explorer and replaced the others with a Chronometre Bleu/other grail, I would be fine with just two, because I would get so much enjoyment from them and would want to wear them all the time. I wouldn’t keep watches that don’t give me near the same level of enjoyment as I do from my favourite watches unless they were easily affordable (even then they have to be quite different in design) or were gifts. I.e. “love” my vintage Speedmaster, and only “like” my Khaki Field Mechanical, but the latter is affordable and different enough to keep around for the time being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post
    I think 8 watches is my sweet spot. I'm at 14-16 right now and hope to get back to 8 someday... maybe...
    I'll switch watches multiple times a day.
    Impressive that you can balance that many watch choices. I know if I had that many watches I would probably switch out a lot more from indecision on what I wanted to wear.
    MZhammer likes this.

I usually rotate 4...two for during the work week and a two for the weekend.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by De Wolfe View Post
    Thinking about it now, Ill divide my 10 watches into 3 tiers:

Tier 1 - 3 watches that I wear the most, and see the most wrist time; I switched between them base on my mood.
    Tier 2 - 4 watches, they get 1 week wrist time on average when I miss them.
    Tier 3 - 3 watches, they go for a long time without wrist time; those are gifted watches that Ill keep them around for that reason and never let go.
    I think your thought process is similar to mine. I have 2 that dominate my wrist time and a couple that I occasionally miss wearing. The others don’t get the time they probably should however I’m not getting rid of them either.
    De Wolfe likes this.

Infinite......so many that it is like going to the most expansive watch boutique and grabbing the first one to catch my eye, already sized up and ready for an adventure, a hike, a ride, a road trip, a sail, a voyage....
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast