Pretentious or not?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pretentious or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pretentious or not?

I am at the gym today, and I see a guy wearing his Rolex. I could not get a good look at it, and thought I would strike up a conversation. Now this is my bad for not looking closer. Me "Hey, nice watch! Is that the Explorer II?" As soon as he lifted his wrist and I could see better I knew it was a Deep sea. Him "NO! It is a ROLEX Deepsea!" Me: "Cool, nice watch" and I go back to my workout...He glances at my wrist, which has on it a Seiko SNDA65 pm a Nato...I am at the gym, seams like an appropriate thing to get banged around, and time my sets, and does a little scoff.

So...first...Who the heck wears a Rolex to the gym? Second...Who the heck wears a Rolex to the gym?!!
    Time is relative.

Smile Re: Pretentious or not?

A Piaget Polo 45 would be less pretentious for the gym
    Last edited by Orsoni; October 16th, 2013 at 22:52.
    pantagruel likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Pretentious or not?

I do not mind the location when wearing my Sub.
    AquaPak likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

through the years i've been browsing watch forums, i have happened to read numerous threads about sturdiness of rolex watches, (i've never owned one myself) this seems to be a great way to actually test them, is it not?

i admit i did wear my omega, while playing tennis couple of times, but i quit doing so, after my leather strap started to smell funny

I don't care how tough Rolex are, five sets of kettlebell snatches will not end well for any watch and its wearer.
    DaveTOG likes this.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

the watch isn't the problem...it's the scoff, and obviously the wearer, not the rolex
    Steve

Waiting Lounge: none

I wore my Panerai several times in the gym,no problem,and was asked by people (it was 2006/2007,Pam was uncommon)

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

I'm not sure why anyone would wear any sort of a watch to the gym.... at least one which didn't measure your heart rate, or actually contribute in some significant way towards improving your work out.
    jsw41 likes this.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Back then I was stuck in traffic jam so I just went to the gym unplanned,had the gym bag in my car and I happen to wear my running shoes....and happen to have my Pam 24 on my wrist and there's no way I'm leaving it in my locker....

He can wear his Rolex to the gym if he wants to, but it wouldn't be me. I wouldn't be judging him for his gym watch choice in any normal circumstance, but his reaction to you mistaking which model it was, combined with the scoff at your Seiko, would have me livid!
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast