Printed dials on higher end pieces. Am I the only one that this makes a little nuts?
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Printed dials on higher end pieces. Am I the only one that this makes a little nuts?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Printed dials on higher end pieces. Am I the only one that this makes a little nuts?

So, while I save and I can't scratch any watch itches, I browse. I keep coming across watches that look amazing but on closer inspection they have printed dials. It seems to me when you're spending more than a couple hundred dollars, let alone a couple thousand; a printed dial just seems boring and frankly kind of lazy. Am I the only one that feels this way? As I mentioned before, I'm saving at the moment and will be for some time. Case in point:I love love love the JLC Master Control sector dial, but again, printed dial. Such a shame. Rant over

Re: Printed dials on higher end pieces. Am I the only one that this makes a little nuts?

I actually prefer printed dials ;)

Btw - applied indices does not equal higher end. Just a design choice.
    "No ice in my drink, got enough in my watch..." -Juicy J

Re: Printed dials on higher end pieces. Am I the only one that this makes a little nuts?

I'm sort of with the OP on this, though often it doesn't bug me. Overall, I like applied markers as they just seem to add a little more interest to the dial.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Often they do have applied markers, but I agree that sometimes it’s a design choice.

As an example the Reverso has intricacy that draws the eye in the centre of the dial as well as those parallel lines on the case itself (gadroons apparently says google).

If the markers were applied/polished, it could spoil the balance.

I like to think it's a design choice. Wouldn't want to mix these up now would you? They give a completely different vibe.

There is a time and place for everything, however I do sometimes find myself disappointed when seeing printed dials on high end watches

Thats' fine if it is a design choice … but let the price reflect that. I love a complex dial. It certainly add to the "expensive look" of a watch if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallet Spoon View Post
    Thats' fine if it is a design choice … but let the price reflect that. I love a complex dial. It certainly add to the "expensive look" of a watch if you ask me.

They don't "need" to be complex to look expensive. In fact I'd argue it's the other way around in some designs.

And to OP: This painted Credit dial is probably one of the nicest out there...but it's hand-painted!

Sadly not mine!
    Synequano, Slm643 and G07 like this.

Double post
    Last edited by mui.richard; March 26th, 2019 at 22:18.

Applied indices on this DeVille is just stunning to my eyes...

Synequano and Pallet Spoon like this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information