Problem with longines quartz

Thread: Problem with longines quartz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inq

Problem with longines quartz

Hello,

I have a serious problem with a new Longines Hydroconquest Quartz Chrono.

I have had the watch for 10 hours in the box and everyting was ok until I removed some links from the bracelet and set the time. After this the watch only works for 1 minute and stops: the seconds-hand stops, moves back and forth for a few seconds then stops completely.

The watch is a swiss made ETA calibre 251 26* 27 jewels quartz analog longines cal L541 movement.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Could it be that the battery is dying?

Thank you,
    Catalin S

Re: Problem with longines quartz

I'd definitely start trouble shooting by replacing the battery..... If that doesn't solve the problem it might be an issue for your seller.

Inq

Something very strange is happening, I set the time and screwed the crown a third time since it stopped each time and now it seems to be working fine (2h passed with the watch on the wrist).

I bought the watch brand new from a reliable UK internet seller, it has all the papers, including warranty, but the warranty only has the name of the store, date of purchase, model number, but no stamp, which I guess means the warranty is useless...

If it stops again I will go to one of the ADs in town and ask them to change the battery and have the watch serviced (sounds costly already).

Maybe someone who went through this already can shed some light on the subject...

Cheers,
    Catalin

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

What do the papers say about EoL indication, sometimes EoL of the battey is indicated by 2sec steps of the seconds hand or even 5 sec steps.

I have a 4 month old Wenger with a really low end ETA Quartz movement acting very similar. I replaced the battery twice with new batteries from different stores with no effect. It's on the way back to
    Wenger right now.
    Dennis

I would change it immediately. Dead-On-Arrival (whether it is the battery or otherwise)

That way you don't need to worry about the battery change.
    - Too many watches, not enough time...

Inq

Here's an update: I tried to set the time again this morning and after a minute or so the seconds hand tremored a bit in one place and stopped and the watch stopped to work again.

The watch does not have an EOL function and the chrono works fine even when the seconds-hand of the watch stop....

Tommorow I'm going to a local AD and ask the to look at the watch. If the problem is the battery, I'll pay to have it changed. If something is wrong with the watch I' m going to take things up with the seller: warranty not stamped and a defective watch will be the issues at hand...

Inq

Quote Originally Posted by Inq View Post
    Here's an update: I tried to set the time again this morning and after a minute or so the seconds hand tremored a bit in one place and stopped and the watch stopped to work again.

The watch does not have an EOL function and the chrono works fine even when the seconds-hand of the watch stop....

Tommorow I'm going to a local AD and ask the to look at the watch. If the problem is the battery, I'll pay to have it changed. If something is wrong with the watch I' m going to take things up with the seller: warranty not stamped and a defective watch will be the issues at hand...
    It seems that to start the watch again I have to pull the crown and set the hour hand until the crown feels firm. The watch doesn't have a quick-set date option but has an option to move the hour hand independentely. If I do this the watch works fine afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Inq View Post
    It seems that to start the watch again I have to pull the crown and set the hour hand until the crown feels firm. The watch doesn't have a quick-set date option but has an option to move the hour hand independentely. If I do this the watch works fine afterwards...
    Seems to be defective.

Don't bother taking it to AD, they will send it off for servce (that includes battery change).

That would take too long and they might mark the back of the watch.

I would highly recommend you contact the seller and return for refund or exchange.
    - Too many watches, not enough time...

Inq

Quote Originally Posted by WeylandYutani View Post
    Seems to be defective.

Don't bother taking it to AD, they will send it off for servce (that includes battery change).

That would take too long and they might mark the back of the watch.

I would highly recommend you contact the seller and return for refund or exchange.
    I sent an email to the online retailer where I bought the watch and await their response. I also went to an AD today which confirmed the watch is faulty and I should come with the warranty card to get it serviced.

I read in the book regarding the watch warranty that the warranty is valid if it has the AD's name, stamp, model no and case number. If my card does not have the stamp that means it is useless???

Thanks let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Catalin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information