Problem With Payment From Antiquorum Auctions !!!!
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Problem With Payment From Antiquorum Auctions !!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Problem With Payment From Antiquorum Auctions !!!!

Problem With Payment from Antiquorum Auctions....

I consigned a few items with them for their April 9th 2014 New York auction.

The items sold and it's now almost the end of August 2014 ( almost 4 months ) and I still have not been paid...

What is worse is that when I call them, I get sent to voice mail with the standard response that the person you are looking for is not here. I send emails and they do not get replied to..

I had thought that these anticts where behind them..

Are there any other sellers that are experiencing the same game of " the run around " ?.

I would imagine that there must be a New York State office that oversees the auction companies and how they operate ?

My patience is beyond growing thin..
    Last edited by bighouses; August 25th, 2014 at 09:42.

Re: Problem With Payment From Antiquorum Auctions !!!!

You may want to contact a lawyer, the BBB and the police.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Seek legal advise.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What's the dollar amount at issue here? It has, unfortunately, been my experience that unless the total amount is considerable 'the authorities' won't do jack squat to either help you recover your losses or investigate and prosecute the offender. When I was trying to get my measly $2.5k back from a heinous sociopath I had an FBI dude tell me the feds don't want to know about anything less than half a mil. Said it wasn't worth their time.

Don't be a doosh -- man up and get all Gilooly on their ass. Tire iron time! ;^)
    I am Dyslexia of Borg. Futility is resistant. Your ass will be laminated.

The dollar amount is over $ fifty thousand dollars $50,000.00 I have filed a complaint with the New York Department of Consumer Affairs and the B.B.B. ( even though they are not b.b.b. accredited ?? )

I have been advised and will be contacting the New York Attorney General and will be letting them know of their business practices of non payment to consignors..

I would get in touch with the NY Attorney Generals office, if they can't help they should be able to point you in the correct direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bighouses View Post
    I have been advised and will be contacting the New York Attorney General and will be letting them know of their business practices of non payment to consignors..
    Posted while I was posting, it is correct advise.

Fifty large might get someone's attention, but I doubt it.

Don't misunderstand me -- I don't mean to trivialize your loss, insult you, or in any way minimize your plight.

However, what my little brush with a scammer taught me was that law enforcement at all levels operates on a tight budget, and unless they have a good shot at getting a conviction on major felony charges it's simply not worth their effort to pursue it. Investigating and prosecuting a single case can easily run to several hundred thousand dollars, with the sky as the limit in complicated cases. So from law enforcement's perspective nailing someone for simple theft, even for what to you and me is a big chunk of cash, just isn't worth their time, as maddening as that is to the victim.

Now, if you can get the guy on something like wire fraud you may be able to get some traction, since that's a felony. When you talk with the state AG you should have with you a well organized dossier of all your communications with the perp as well as all other supporting evidence. Basically, the more leg work you do on your own the more likely 'the authorities' are to pay attention. Present them with a fully documented case and they may get interested, particularly if you have the evidence to support serious charges.

Btw, don't waste your time with the BBB - they're totally voluntary and have no teeth.
    Last edited by Strange; August 27th, 2014 at 02:47. Reason: Stupid freaking text input app

I too sold a watch through Antiquorum. Mine was in their June Auction in Hong Kong. Mine was the Rolex ref. 6200 on the back cover of their catalog. It sold for close to $100,000. I have been hounding them trying to get a timeline of payment. The CFO finally spoke with my wife and said he would send a payment schedule immediately... That was 2 days ago. They said I would be getting the funds by end of next week but I don't have any of that in writing.

Bighouses, have you heard anything more? Did you contact the New York Attorney General?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information