Problem with Vintage Omega mechanical

Thread: Problem with Vintage Omega mechanical

Problem with Vintage Omega mechanical

I've got a 1959 Omega Seamaster mechanical. I was winding it absent-mindedly the other day and think I may have gone the wrong direction for a few seconds. The crown became lose and started to unscrew. I was able to wind the watch and it's running fine, however, when I pull out the crown to set the time, I am unable to advance the hands. It can be moved backwards, but I believe that this is not good for the watch. Any suggestions before I take it to my local repair shop?

Re: Problem with Vintage Omega mechanical

When was it last serviced?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkes79 View Post
    I've got a 1959 Omega Seamaster mechanical. I was winding it absent-mindedly the other day and think I may have gone the wrong direction for a few seconds. The crown became lose and started to unscrew. I was able to wind the watch and it's running fine, however, when I pull out the crown to set the time, I am unable to advance the hands. It can be moved backwards, but I believe that this is not good for the watch. Any suggestions before I take it to my local repair shop?

You may have better luck posting on the Omega forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just purchased it about 5 months ago and it was serviced then. Unfortunately not through a dealer or shop.

Down where people say "How's it goin'" and wait for an answer.

It's really not a big deal at all. A watchmaker who's worth his salt should be able to fix it in a matter of minutes.

I doubt you'll damage the watch by setting the time backwards, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that you'd loose the crown the first full day you wore it, and then you'd be in a real pickle finding a NOS 1959 Omega crown.
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |
    I got out of watches for a long time, but I'm coming back!

Thread Information