Problematic Seiko Black Monster bought from Creation Watches; Poor customer service so far.

Thread: Problematic Seiko Black Monster bought from Creation Watches; Poor customer service so far.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs Down Problematic Seiko Black Monster bought from Creation Watches; Poor customer service so far.

Hi,

I've seen some threads on this forum of members that were asking of the online creationwatches store. Here's a taste of my experience.

I ordered a black monster from creation watches and received the package in 2 days. Very fast shipping; to that point I was extremely satisfied with their service.

After unpacking the watch I found out that the seconds hand was getting stuck around the 30 seconds mark and that a little shake would let it get past that point, but the hand would get stuck again at the same location on it's next turn. I thought that possibly the watch needed to break in or something; It's now been a week and I've still got the same issue.

I should also specify that when the seconds hand gets stuck; the minutes and hours hands also stop. When it's stuck, if I unscrew the crown and pull it in the time set position; a faint movement of the crown will unstuck the seconds hand. This kinds a tell me that something it obstructing the internal mechanism. I am quite surprised that they didn't catch that before sending the watch out.

Anyhow, I wrote back to creation watches. Took them 2 days to answer back; Let's say they were a lot faster to reply back to my questions before I had spent the cash.

I even sent them a video of the watch displaying the issue; and the guy wrote back saying that I should hold the watch in the palm of my hand and tap the back of the watch to fix a second hand that runs too fast or too slow. Thing is, he had a video displaying that this was not the issue at all.

All to say that I am a bit disappointed so far with their customer service. They've got good prices, but if you get a defective watch you're in for a treat.

If anyone ever experience this kind of issue with a watch and is aware of a solution please don't hesitate to share. :)

I will share my experience with creationwatches.com as this unfolds; I'll post a video depicting the problem I have with the watch a little later tonight.

Thanks!
    Last edited by steel0; September 2nd, 2011 at 01:25.

Re: Problematic Seiko Black Monster bought from Creation Watches; Poor customer service so far.

Lemons do occur once a while. Try request for an exchange.

Re: Problematic Seiko Black Monster bought from Creation Watches; Poor customer service so far.

I have bought three watches from them. Two eco drive Citizen watches and a auto Seiko Spork. I haven't had any problems with any of them. Sounds like a warranty issue so they should take it back and send you a new one or get that one fixed.
    Rolex Explorer 214270, Doxa Sub 1200t professional, Tag Heuer Formula 1, Seiko SBBN015 Tuna, Seiko modded 6309, Citizen Ecozilla, Casio G-Shock GW 5000

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear of your problem. Send it back.
    Regards Cam

I don't see anything unreasonable on their part. They were trying to save both of you time and hassle. Send it back if its still broken......
    Cheers,
    Mike

The person misunderstood your question. No big deal. I have no idea where you or Creation Watches are located. If you are anywhere close to the same time zone a much better way to resolve this would be to get them on the phone. Explain that the entire movement stops running and that you would like a replacement. Keep it cordial and stress that you otherwise like the watch. I'm not at all surprised that they didn't catch that. There would be no reason for them to test that watch given it's reputation and price.Your other alternative is of course to send it in to Seiko under the warranty. It did come with a warranty I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    The person misunderstood your question. No big deal. I have no idea where you or Creation Watches are located. If you are anywhere close to the same time zone a much better way to resolve this would be to get them on the phone. Explain that the entire movement stops running and that you would like a replacement. Keep it cordial and stress that you otherwise like the watch. I'm not at all surprised that they didn't catch that. There would be no reason for them to test that watch given it's reputation and price.Your other alternative is of course to send it in to Seiko under the warranty. It did come with a warranty I assume.
    I agree with everything said above.

But John, a Monster from a website won't have a warranty.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

I did try a couple of times to contact the phone number indicated for my area;I got a message stating to contact their support via email.

The next day after receiving the watch; I made a quick video showing the issue and sent it to them via email. That displays the problem the watch is experiencing pretty well. :)

The reason why I am not impressed is the time frame between their replies, and the lack of direction from their part. On my last reply to them I asked if there was a number I could use to reach them; I'll see what I get from them on their next reply.

In terms of the warranty; you get a 2 years warranty from the creationwatches.com. Seiko only offers the warranty through authorized dealers; which is pretty rare over the internet. For the most part, they are grey market watches; Seiko sells them in bulk to these online resellers at a lower price but without warranties.

Please don't get me wrong; Overall their service was good; but I just want them to fix this. If they do, this thread will prove to others that they offer good customer service.

I will ask for 2 things; they prepare the shipping back to them with the couriering company so that I can simply drop the box with no fees. and two, that they ship me a working watch. In my opinion that is the least a customer centric company should do; if they don't people should know.

I will update the thread when I get more information from them.

Thanks for your inputs.

Lotsa luck getting free shipping.

Not my responsibility if they send me a non working watch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information