Problems Buying Watches At a Department Store.
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Problems Buying Watches At a Department Store.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Problems Buying Watches At a Department Store.

It can't be just me, can it? I have had issues trying to buy watches at a certain department store. I don't want to say the name. Well, it rhymes with Stacy's.
    Several months ago I saw a Seiko PADI Turtle for a very good price. But as the counter woman was "trying" to adjust the bracelet.she pretty much made it non-functional. Lucky for me, they had (2) so I told her to just give me the other one.
    Yesterday, I found a Save The Ocean Samurai at the same store. I didn't even give them a chance to screw up this bracelet. But...before I left the mall I realized that they not only gave me the wrong owner's manual, they also gave me the wrong box. The STO is supposed to come in a Special Edition box. They didn't have it. They made excuses ad to why it wasn't there, etc... I returned the watch and bought one online.
    Anyone else have issues buying at these places?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    The Collection:
    ROLEX 2000 16613 "Bluesy" Submariner
    HAMILTON H70605731 Interstellar Khaki Field Murph | H706050 Khaki Field Automatic | Khaki Field 6311
    OMEGA 1954 Omega Automatic Cal 490
    TISSOT Vintage T12 Visodate
    SEIKO SRPC 93 Save The Ocean Samurai | Presage SRPB41 Cocktail Time | Land Monster SNM037 | SNZG07 Seiko 5 |
    SNKP23 Recraft | SNE109 Solar Diver
    ORIENT M Force Bravo EL0A-D1
    CITIZEN C300 Navihawk Blue Angels | Skyhawk A-T
    LE JOUR Vintage Diver
    ZODIAC Glorious
    TIMEX Red Wing Waterbury Chronograph | Allied Chronograph TW2R46700 | Expedition T49891
    INVICTA
    9937OB
    MOMENTUM
    M1 Deep 6 Professional

Re: Problems Buying Watches At a Department Store.

You should have prepared for that going in.
    rfortson likes this.

Macys display watches always end up in whichever box they have available. And they usually already sold your box to a previous customer.
    rfortson likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Agree with all above. I've bought there before and have always made sure the box/manuals were correct for the watch before I pay.. Most of their customers don't care and most of the sales people have no clue. I's a dept. store and that's how it goes. And NEVER allow them to size the bracelet.
    Watchbreath and rfortson like this.

We used to shop at Macy's quite a lot; my wife loved them and the salespeople were usually pretty capable. In the past few years, I've seen a huge decline in the quality of the whole experience, particularly the caliber of the salespeople. It seems their staff picking process is racing to the bottom.

I haven't bought a luxury watch from them, but the few cheapies we've bought were smooth transactions, nothing I can complain about. Even a bracelet resize went smoothly, other than trouble finding the correct tool.

This week I had my eyes on a new Victorinox suitcase; the flyer said everything was half-off. Huh, sounds pretty good. So I checked out the bags and then looked at the Victorinox website and discovered the regular Victorinox price was less than Macy's half-off price. Some deal?
    borchard929 likes this.
    It rubs it's skin with the lotion, or else it gets the hose again!
    I love the smell of carbamide in the morning, it smells like VICTORY.
    That ain't a double, I just like to stutter.

so much for ADs always being the better experience.

gotta throw this on the table ..

the OP did not examine watch, box and papers during checkout?

this is like not checking your takeout bag at a drive through or restaurant..

i would never have macys resize my bracelet...??

I like going to Tracies just to see and try watches that I know I can find online for a much better price.

Pictures can only tell you so much.
    OvrSteer likes this.
    ... What time is it? ...

Inactive

While a given department store may technically be an "AD" for certain brands, I don't think it's reasonable to expect high-end, watch dealer expertise or care. Hell, it's hard enough to find multi-packed underwear in the right bin....

I bought a Rolex at a gas station and the tire guy sized the bracelet real quick with his jiffy bar. But the microwave souffle was too salty and the bathroom was scented with lavender, which I hate. Last time I do that!
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Not Seiko: Parmigiania Tonda 1950, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Bell & Ross Space 3 GMT, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, IWC Cal. 89 (c. 1957), Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), Scurfa Diver One, G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7069 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), King Quartz 5855-5000 (1977), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984), SKX399K "Philippines"

You appear to have some unrealistic expectations as to the quality of employees that can be had for $10 per hour. My local store staff don't have any product knowledge for anything they sell. Shoes, watches, suits, you name it. They're just there to run the register.

You're not even buying from a watch store. It's just a department store with a counter for watches and fake jewelry. It can't be much different than getting a watch at Walmart or Khols.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information