Prometheus Dress Watch - Suggestions needed
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Prometheus Dress Watch - Suggestions needed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Prometheus Dress Watch - Suggestions needed

We are considering developing a minimalist style dress watch for the Prometheus Watch Collection. So far we have come up with the following designs.

A

B

C

D

E

F

H

I

Which one would you like to see produced? Suggestions appreciated.

Re: Prometheus Dress Watch - Suggestions needed

Quote Originally Posted by sapcmc View Post
    We are considering developing a minimalist style dress watch for the Prometheus Watch Collection. So far we have come up with the following designs.

H

Which one would you like to see produced? Suggestions appreciated.
    I'm partial to this one. In general, I'm liking the ones with the date and "Prometheus" on the same line-- gives the dial a nice pleasing symmetry. "H" has a very nice minimalist look; with it's slightly longer 12/3/6/9 marks, it gives a sense of a quartered dial that's slightly reminiscent (in a good way) with the rarely seen Certina DS line:

Current: Rolex Datejust; Omega Speedmaster Professional; Seiko Sumo; Casio GW-M5600; MkII Vantage; Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

I really like the second one. The way the inner line curves over to frame the date is lovely. I prefer the second one to the first one because of the brand name location. At the top is a classic, and classic is what you want in a dress watch. Just a couple of suggestions: If you're going for minimalist, why not forget the name "Prometheus" on the dial, and just have the brand logo (possibly a bit enlarged) sitting there. In my head that looks like a possibility, so it could be worth drawing another example up. The brand name could be engraved into the caseback instead you see, and dial clutter would be minimal. Simple and Classy. Also, the crown looks a tad oversized... I know these are just scetches but still.

Also, the date function is nice, but it makes the watch's role as a "dress piece" lessen. This kind of watch, would be more suited to the everyday business man I think. But maybe that's what you meant by "dress". Great work!

Zac

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

IMO you should either remove the date or change the date wheel to a black one, because the white date jumps out annoyingly. Otherwise I like the designs that have the logo on the left.

Yes a black date wheel is an option

A and B look quite exclusive. I personally really like D. And I think a black date wheel is a must.

Yes we are going to change date wheel so that it will be black when used in a black dial and white for a white dial.

Yes.... Great designs!

B is the winner, but what size are we talking about? 40-42mm would be the sweet spot IMHO.

But I'm really wondering what happend to G? :)
    Seiko / Orient / Hamilton

Haha well noted I mistyped things and skipped G in list.

Watch diameter will be of 42mm and case height measured from center will be less than 6mm the bare minimum to case up an ETA 2824-2 movement. This will be one of the slimmest automatic watches you can find specially at price level we are aiming at.

Quote Originally Posted by sapcmc View Post
    Haha well noted I mistyped things and skipped G in list.

Watch diameter will be of 42mm and case height measured from center will be less than 6mm the bare minimum to case up an ETA 2824-2 movement. This will be one of the slimmest automatic watches you can find specially at price level we are aiming at.
    Wow! This is a winner....

Even though we are very early in the game, what kind of price range are you looking to market this at?
    Seiko / Orient / Hamilton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information